on 12 June 2010
I've not managed to get through these books in chronological order so my journey through Jack's life is a little haphazard but I have to say, this author, Mr F Paul Wilson, has spun a well written, fascinating, riveting and thoroughly planned plot which keeps on taking me by surprise. He's not a well known writer in this country, and that's a shame bordering on a crime.

I can't recommend this author highly enough. Dip your toe in and you'll end up jumping in the rest of the way.
on 4 October 2009
Whilst this book is entertaining, it is not up to the standard of Wilson's earlier work. The pace at which the Repairman Jack novels are now being written seems to have affected the quality of the writing and future novels could benefit from a little more thought. The subsequent novel, By the Sword, is however a big improvement on this book.