on 27 July 2010
A very confusing read, going all over the place and trying to explain everything from the original books. In the end I did enjoy the read, and I would recommend this book to anyone who was as fascinated and inspired by the original books as I was. As for someone new to Null-A, stick to the originals.
on 17 September 2012
Taste in books is personal. There is no "it is good" or "it is bad" - just how any individual gets on.

Before reading this book I re-read the original AEvG two books. The originals two were excellent. This is nothing like them. I find it very difficult to give-up on a book. This one came very close. The last 100 pages I was virtually skipping every other paragraph to get through it. Page after page surrealist waffle. Maybe others would understand it but I found it very poor. Poor story, poor explanations and some bits unbelievably dull. You might like it but my own opinion is that it is very poor compared to the AEvG books.
on 8 March 2014
I have the original three books and although the third book was written when the author was in his dotage and the story is strange at least it carries on from book two. This is supposed to be a "replacement" for that book (3) but the story line has little to do with the first two books. Strange things are supposed to have happened in the gap after book two ,characters are totally re-written - when they are not simple killed off - the book is full of waffle and although the author says he studied the style of the original he has come no where close. This book is in no way a supplementary addition to a great authors works - do not buy it - borrow a copy and do not be surprised if you do not read past the 50 pages.
on 24 November 2015
Great tale, Impossible to put down.