4.0 out of 5 stars 4D Adventure
Rucker's fun novel about Joe Cube's encounters with four-dimensional space and the creatures who live there is full of sardonic humour and mathematical play. Nor does he neglect the fundamentals: there's a zippy adventure plot (with the fate of our 3D universe at stake) and fully realised, believable main characters. Recommended.
Published on 29 Mar 2004 by P. Western

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
I read spaceland having just read flatland.

I was expecting to find a popular physics book with a story acting as a tool for explaining complex ideas. Instead I found mainly a vacuous story steeped in cliche with the odd bit of physics thrown in.

Published on 7 Sep 2009 by E. A. Sykes

4.0 out of 5 stars 4D Adventure, 29 Mar 2004
P. Western (UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 7 Sep 2009
E. A. Sykes (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I read spaceland having just read flatland.

I was hoping that this book might help me imagine the 4th dimension, but I found that it didn't give anything more than Flatland.

Spaceland
Spaceland by Rudy Von B. Rucker (Hardcover - Jun 2002)
Used & New from: 0.73