Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 December 2011
This is a beautiful collection of the three Treehorn books reissued by Pomegranate Kids which contains 'The Shrinking of Treehorn', 'Treehorn's Treasure' and 'Treehorn's Wish'.

The stories are told with a wry sense of humour that I think both adults and children will enjoy and are also wonderfully illustrated by Edward Gorey. Essentially, Treehorn's parents are so caught up in their own grown-up world of money problems and new curtains that they barely even notice when their only son starts shrinking or tells them that money is growing on the tree in the garden or that there's a genie sitting on the kitchen table.

I was originally intending to pass this set on to some friends who have young children but they're so lovely that I think I'm going to end up keeping them myself.

Disclosure: I received a free copy to review from the publisher through LibraryThing's Early Reviewer programme.
on 18 January 2013
Now having grandchildren I wanted them to experience Treehorn as my old copy has disintegrated - so delighted to have this