5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Dummies
Published on 21 Sept. 2010 by Malcolm Turner

2.0 out of 5 stars Why use such low quality paper?
Published 23 months ago by G

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Dummies, 21 Sept. 2010
Malcolm Turner (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oracle PL/SQL For Dummies (Paperback)
Although this book is titled "PL/SQL for Dummies" it's everything but! Paul Dorsey is one of the top Oracle experts of our time, and his expertise shows through in every page. I've been working with Oracle for 20+ years and consider myself pretty expert. I've learned a lot from this book. You want to set Oracle coding standards? (one thing I did for my last firm) - this book does it for you. But at the same time it is basic enough for a beginner to learn how to code Oracle. This book should be in EVERY Oracle developer's library - from beginner to expert.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 29 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Oracle PL/SQL For Dummies (Paperback)
as other reviewers comments, really does describe everything in great detail.
starts at beginning and builds throughout the chapters. good code snippets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Why use such low quality paper?, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Oracle PL/SQL For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me to learn Oracle PL/SQL for a new job but found it really hard to read as the content is really squashed up and its written on low quality brown paper. I only managed to get to chapter 6 before I decided to pay a bit extra for Learning Oracle PL/SQL by Steven Feuerstein and Bill Pribyl. Best decision I ever made as the book is so much clearer and easier to digest.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for beginners I think, 23 Nov. 2013
I have used standard sql for quite a while now and needed to pick up Oracle PL/SQL quite quickly for a project. On the whole I steer clear of the Dummies range but this time I have made an exception. The info is pitched perhaps a bit low for me personally but as a quick 'n' dirty guide it is going to prove useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 May 2013
Very prompt delivery of this product. This product was exactly what it was stated to be. Excellent. I highly recommend the service provided.

Oracle PL/SQL For Dummies
Oracle PL/SQL For Dummies by Paul Dorsey (Paperback - 6 Jun. 2006)