4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good travel guide
Worth looking at for the person who loves to research a place before they go. Fodor's and Rough Guide are better. Not as comprehensive, but more readable than Fodor's. I think I liked this coverage of the big cities better, organization wise.
Published on 1 Jun 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars disgracefully inaccurate
Published on 11 May 2012 by Ms. Fiona Allen

2.0 out of 5 stars disgracefully inaccurate, 11 May 2012
Ms. Fiona Allen "catlover" (edinburgh, uk) - See all my reviews
OK, I didn't buy it; I live in Edinburgh and read this in my local coffee shop. Which is how I know that the nightclub referred to as The Cavendish closed down a number of years ago, and is now Lava/Ignite, catering for a whole different crowd; Local Hero was not filmed near Mallaig, but largely at Pennan in Aberdeenshire, and the people referred to in the review of Trainspotting as "economically depressed Edinburghers" were in fact heroin addicts of various degrees of criminality.
If I spotted these errors in under 20 minutes, who knows how many others there might be? If you're looking for a guidebook to Scotland, aim for one that's bang up-to-date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good travel guide, 1 Jun 1998
By A Customer

Frommer's Scotland (Frommer's Complete Guides)
Frommer's Scotland (Frommer's Complete Guides) by Danforth Prince (Paperback - 30 Dec 2005)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks