Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Fire Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 November 2011
'German Phrases for Dummies' is the perfect companion if you're learning German as a beginner or are already quite advanced and only need a little assistance here and there for phrases in certain situations.

The book is distributed into different sections, such as Transportation, Emergencies, Counting, Shopping and many more. It even includes 10 Favourite German Expressions and 10 Phrases That Make You Sound Like A Local - absolutely fantastic!
Relevant, convenient and clear to read, each section includes the German words, their English translations, their pronunciation, tables, and clear explanations.
With regards to its audience, it really does suit anyone of any age (10+) and of any skill level.

And what makes it EVEN better? It's small enough to carry around with you in a bag, yet detailed enough to include everything you need.
on 15 September 2011
I bought this for a trip to Germany to house sit for my brother, and didnt want to be the tourist who couldnt order anything.

This book has helped me when out and about and although my German isnt perfect the fact you try means a lot to them and normally they will respond in English. For phrases this book will help you out and get you by, you wont be speaking like a German but at least you can order a beer
on 12 April 2016
Bought this a year ago and still don't know any German, not the books fault, mine I haven't been reading. However from the times I did read it the book is well set out and easy to understand and read. I always carry it around with me just in case I run into the odd German once In a while... Very, very nice book.
on 11 June 2014
Its not as good as I thought it would be. I always thought 'for dummies' were good books until I read this. I mean, its GOOD, but...its too...cluttered, I guess. Too much going on.
on 19 May 2014
Excellent pocket book with lots of useful content. Surprisingly comprehensive. Most useful as a grammar aide memoire though not a substitute for a comprehensive grammar source.
on 30 January 2014
Good book for anyone learning basic German to travel to the country for a holiday. The book is being used lots and has nearly fallen apart not brilliant condition.
on 7 March 2015
did help my daughter and also helped me brush up on my German
on 25 April 2015
Great book, helped me lots in Germany, Lovely Seller
on 15 January 2015
Helped me get a better grasp of German grammar
on 21 February 2016