5.0 out of 5 stars pretty good book for beginners
bought it for my dad but i had a read of it and it was pretty good very basic so does what it says on the cover.
Published on 23 Feb 2006 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Internet for Dummies
I regret buying this book; I must have been a real dummy. It does not provide sufficient detail to be useful. It contains too much padding which the authors regard as humour. It contains inaccuracies e.g. p.53 "...you need a crossover LAN cable that should have come with your DSL modem." Well my modem came with a non-crossover cable and it worked perfectly!
Published on 25 Nov 2008 by Justin Thyme

1.0 out of 5 stars Internet for Dummies, 25 Nov 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars poor, 21 Dec 2007
K. Brooke "KB" (london, uk) - See all my reviews
we bought this book for our mum, but were unable to give it to her. Not only is it aimed at an American audience, but it simply is not useful at all !!! Would have sent it back if it was not sucjh a pain to go to post office on xmas eve.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty good book for beginners, 23 Feb 2006
Amazon Customer "anitamcskimming" (derby england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars internet for dummies, 14 Feb 2009
B. Harry "silversurfer" (Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
this book is excellent and extremely useful to a silver surfer like myself. I have already resolved a number of issues that I had with the internet prior to its purchase. Don't hesitate, it is just what the less experienced surfer needs. Buy it from Amazon, their prices and service are outstanding.

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned to Amazon as address could not be found., 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Internet For Dummies (Paperback)
i AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THE BOOK WAS RETURNED TO AMAZON- I CANNOT UNDERSTAND AS IT IS THE SAME ADDRESS THAT I HAVE ALWAYS USED.I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT I WOULD BE RECOMPENSED AND THIS HAS STILL NOT HAPPENED EVEN THOUGH ORDER WAS SENT ABOUT 6 WEEKS AGO.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good condition, 14 Nov 2010
The listing said the book was in good condition which I assumed would mean almost as new. I was somewhat surprised that the condition of the book was not that good with marks on and a fold in cover. Well used would have been a fairer description! Had I have known it was very second hand I would not have bought it as it was a present for someone.

5.0 out of 5 stars helping old ones, 1 Jan 2010
John Pearson - See all my reviews
as an o a p i found this to be informative and interesting to read
considering i have had a p c for only one year i did find it reasonable easy to understand
john peason

The Internet For Dummies
The Internet For Dummies by Carol Baroudi (Paperback - 5 Oct 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01