4.0 out of 5 stars Windows XP
Not much to say really.. this is a great book for somebody who has no experience of using a computer or wants a refresher of the basics. A great place to start off but probably a little too basic if you have some computing experience.
Published on 14 Mar. 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Gift
Published 2 months ago by Cojo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows XP, 14 Mar. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars A clearly written'how to' book for non-specialist readers., 15 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies (Paperback)
If you are confused as to how to achieve something with your computer or are seeking a solution to a computer hardware/software problem then it will probably be easier to look for the answer in Windows XP for Dummies than to use the help menu in the programme. Andy Rathbone writes clearly for the non-computing specialist and whilst his quirky humour will not get everyone in stitches his wit does not distract from the task of supplying the reader with the information that they require. Like a good teacher he keeps it simple and straightforward and is never boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, 20 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies (Paperback)
Thank you Mr Andy Rathbone. You've saved me £££'s on helpline charges and added years to my life as I don't have to converse with IT types (who usually take three hours to tell me to switch it off and then switch it back on again!)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellence, 11 July 2009
Colin J. Rigby "Colin. J. Rigby" (Leven, Scotland, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
After reading this book and using it in conjunction with my PC I can honestly state that this book is excellent. It has been laid out with the user in mind so that when you come to do something with your pc, utilising this book, it is an easy task so you don't end up tearing your hair out or giving yourself a headache trying to reconcile the book with what you are doing with your pc.

To sum up, this book is an excellent product which I would recommend to any XP user.

5.0 out of 5 stars windows xp for dummies, 8 May 2010
Mr. S. R. Brown (norfolk,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
I,M NEW TO THIS COMPUTER LARK,AND NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD GET ANY WHERE ,BUT AFTER FIRST BORROWING THIS BOOK FROM THE LOCAL LIBRARY I SOON REALISED THAT I NEEDED A COPY.SINCE PURCHASING THIS BOOK,WINDOWS FOR DUMMIES,BY ANDY RATHBONE FROM YOU GOOD PEOPLE AT AMAZON I,M MAKING GOOD PROGRESS.IT,S A WELL WRITTEN,EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND ACTS AS A PERFECT REFERENCE LIBRARY BOOK.FOR A TOTAL NOVICE SUCH AS MYSELF..ITS A WINNER.TO EVERY BODY OUT THERE WHO IS STRUGGLING,GIVE THIS BOOK A SHOT .YOU CANT GO WRONG!

5.0 out of 5 stars MY REPORT ....., 23 Feb. 2009
M. V. Sperrings "Muirs" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
It is a most brilliant book, in that it is extremely helpful, easy to access ones problems and easy to put into practice those areas that you choose.

Muirs

5.0 out of 5 stars For dummies plus, 9 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
I wish I had bought this little treasure house of knowledge and tips two years ago when I was given my p.c. It would have saved hours of frustration. It has the bonus of being entertaining in parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows XP, 9 April 2009
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
Having Windows XP on my PC I am finding this book very useful in everyday use. Very easy to follow and very informative, It explains
everthing in an easy to understand way. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 26 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
Windows XP for Dummies is an invaluable book for non computer 'techies'. It gives clear step-by-step instructions on how to uninstall programmes, which is exactly what I needed. Just flicking through the book has given me the confidence to try different things on my computer, and it explains what all the different messages that pop up on the screen mean. I am very happy with my purchase, specially since it arrived within 2 days of ordering, instead of the 5 days I was advised it would take.

4.0 out of 5 stars XP .. R.I.P !, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition (Paperback)
My reviewing this now ( May 2014 ; just as XP is being abandoned ! ) shows that I should do my reviews more often (^; ! I found this useful ... a bit complicated but as I worked at it ; things became clearer ... Which, surely is the purpose of the whole For Dummies series, innit ? ... If they do one for the next WINdows programme ; I'll probably wait until it crashes and buy the FOr DUmmies of that !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition
Windows XP For Dummies. 2nd Edition by Andy Rathbone (Paperback - 8 Oct. 2004)