5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin
Published on 1 Sept. 2009 by Mr. Michael Pearson

1.0 out of 5 stars Geneaology online
This is an american version which was not made clear on the advertising by Amazon. Do not purchase, await the UK VERSION.
Published on 11 April 2011 by oneoffpeg

1.0 out of 5 stars Geneaology online, 11 April 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Sept. 2009
Mr. Michael Pearson (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Genealogy Online for Dummies - UK Edition (Paperback)
As with most Dummies titles, it does what it says on the tin, and gives you exactly what you expect. Although I am by no means a novice at genealogy, I found numerous ideas and suggestions that have already helped me trace a relative who died in the 2nd World War. There are pages of useful websites - many of them free to search - and anyone contemplating researching their Family History should seriously consider this book, especially at the excellent price to be found on amazon.co.uk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 25 Oct. 2011
I have read other dummies guides and found them very helpful. This one disappointed significantly. I suspect that if I were in the USA i\d find it very helpful, but maybe the title should be Genealogy Online for USA Dummies. Fine for anyone whose researches take them across the Atlantic, but where the tree is rooted firmly in the uK much of this is not relevant in terms of helping a person to do their own research.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Dummies, 2 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Genealogy Online for Dummies - UK Edition (Paperback)
Had recently purchased a couple of books to help me with my amateur geneaology research & then spotted this one. It won hands down on positive help without having to trawl through chapters & chapters to even decide where to start.
Perfect for the first timer & also the more experienced geneaologists as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dummies Book, 17 July 2011
I'm sure this would be excellent if I was American.
Not much use if you are a British Family Researcher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for any starter genealogist!!!, 11 May 1999
By A Customer
I truly enjoyed this book. My daughters been trying to buy it for me for quite some time. Of course that was the previous version...I didn't think I needed it AND then I hit a brick wall. I asked her to get it for me for Mother's Day, sure enough, it helped! Matthew and April, Thanks!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great and easy to use !, 12 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
This book was very easy to use as a guide to online genealogy. I recomend it highly.

2.0 out of 5 stars I turned to Chapter 9 re DNA and was immediately ..., 14 Dec. 2014
I turned to Chapter 9 re DNA and was immediately disillusioned as on page 235 he lists the sequence of bases for Fig 9-4 and gets it totally wrong. Matthew - the sequence should read along one chain not criss-cross between chains! Dummies will be totally confused. I hope this has been corrected in the 7th edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for First Timers, 11 Dec. 2010
AlexKrycek "I Believe..." (Sheffield - England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Genealogy Online for Dummies - UK Edition (Paperback)
Having watched Who Do You Think You Are, I was keen to start and do my family tree.

But where do you start? After doing a little research on the internet, I decided that this book would be the ideal starting point. The book itself is great. It talks you through step by step, chapter by chapter, exactly what you can do to research your family tree on line. Albeit there is lots and lots of information in there - it is a very easy read. Each section is carefully written - as the name suggests - its written in such a way that even those who don't know anything will learn something.

Having said that, I have used the book with another well recommended book, and software, as my view is that you have to have a go and literally learn whilst you are researching. No matter how much you read, there will be challenges along the way, and this is where the book comes in.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars genealogy online for dummies, 22 Sept. 2011
Janet Gunby (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Genealogy Online for Dummies - UK Edition (Paperback)
points you to the right areas, would have liked less usa imput,but a good starting point, easy to use and follow

Genealogy Online for Dummies - UK Edition
Genealogy Online for Dummies - UK Edition by Nick Barratt (Paperback - 13 Oct. 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01