5.0 out of 5 stars FuriousTWolf
I found this book to be very useful it's quite an easy read as all the dummies books are. Reading this book gives you a very good idea as to which direction you want to go in investing. If your new to investing and haven't read any books yet I would recommend that you read Investing in Shares for Dummies first then make this your second read.
Published on 7 April 2011 by FuriousTWolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Of limited use
Published on 12 Oct. 2011 by messageinthemoon

5.0 out of 5 stars FuriousTWolf, 7 April 2011
This review is from: Trading for Dummies (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Of limited use, 12 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Trading for Dummies (Paperback)
As a small time amateur trader myself I bought this book to get an understanding of how more professional individual traders operate and it has certainly given me a good basis of background information on that. However, despite their assertions to the contrary, the writers seem quite involved with Technical Analysis and systemic methods of slightly controversial short term speculation and entry and exit strategies which may not suit every investor and certainly not me. Maybe that is after all how most traders operate.
I suppose I was looking for more detail and knowledge than I have on the study of company fundamentals, picking good stocks, how individual stock prices in different sectors relate to overall market conditions and how to cope with that. In short, how does one invest with a good solid long term strategy? Some aspects of all this were covered, but not in any great depth.
Overall a useful guide to what other traders are doing and thinking in the markets and for me a view from a very different angle. Be advised that the book is very much based on American trading and markets, but of course a lot of that stuff is international these days anyway.

Trading for Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))
Trading for Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback)) by Lita Epstein (Paperback - 27 Aug. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01