Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 June 2014
But in places very out of date (sometimes quaintly so, in the everyday technology use it almost entirely misses out), very US-centric and while the general advice is excellent, the specifics are frequently inaccurate for a UK market. I'd recommend it for its good points, just be aware that its not all accurate or relevant any more. Would be nice to see an up-to-date version aimed at the UK market.
on 13 January 2016
I purchased this for my teenage daughter who is studying media and drama in 6th form and requested this for Christmas. She says she has enjoyed reading the book. It's written in the usual "for dummies" lighthearted style and she said she has gained some snippets of useful information from it but having flicked through the book myself, without a doubt this is more relevant to those living in America that are studying or trying to start of a career in acting. It would be nice to see an updated version too as some things are not really relevant in this day and age.
on 30 April 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book as i previously bought learning piano from the same "Dummies" range and got stuck or maybe i should say bored after a few pages. All i can say is i am halfway through and this book is fantastic. Not only does it give you all the information you need, you also feel like the authors actually believe in you! I know they are people you haven't met before so this cant be possible but this book makes you realise that if you have the determination then you should go for it!
Great read and source of advise for anyone....go buy it now!!
on 17 August 2014
Really geared toward the US market and not really of any great help if you're based in the UK.
on 8 January 2012
This book has everything - from information when a novice right through to advice and contacts for employment - negatives and positives are in this book - would not be without it. A must for anyone entering or already in the business. Very factual, very honest and so informative.
on 4 April 2014
No problems with the service. Product was as expected. Was worried that I wouldn't get it on time for my Secret Santa party but it arrived in the nick of time! My aspiring actor friend finds it gives you useful tips for cracking show biz!
on 10 April 2014
As a performing arts student I found this book helped me learn about the industry and how it works! I haven't finished it yet but I always enjoy reading it as it doesn't seem boring as I am so passionate about performing!
on 7 May 2011
I was looking for a book that would cover all aspects of acting as im 17 and at that stepping stone of getting into acting and due to not having any experience at all in this area i wanted to prepare myself to make sue it was truely what i want to do. i brough this book soley on the reviews and praises from othe buyers and let me tell you, you'd be a fool to pass this by. OMG The book is AMAZEEEE BALLLZ!! when i tell you that im soo hooked and im only on page 47.Its captivated my attention so much that i just wish i had more time on my hands. OMGAAAD I was even considering working part time just to spend more time with the book. When i tell you this book is like my new relationship, it captures everything from creating your first head shot to nailing that first audition. ( and i stress again im only on page 47.) I have nether read anything through to the end apart from a magazine and i just cant wait to finish it but at the same time i dont want it to end. (:( ... its great for someone like me who has no experience in the entertainment industry or showbiz at all and it can actually be used as a guide because its have an astronomical amount of tips, questions to ask agents or industry specialists, scams to look out for and real life success stories. i tell you when i go for my first audition and any audition i future, i will be taking this book along for reference cause it gives you so much advice and just oozes you with confidence. im just dont want it to end. I hope this helps and im gonna stop talking now cause i can see myself telling everything that happens in the 47 pages that ive read. loool. If somethings essential to have in your career its this book.
on 16 February 2015
Not quite what I expected. More a marketing book when I was looking for something on acting. Some good advice here though. Will pass it on to my acting friends once read!
on 17 July 2009
this book is great for beginners wanting to enter the world of acting.
its an easy book to understand and has great tips and advice for the novice actor,

i would definatly recomend this book,