2.0 out of 5 stars English Grammar for Dummies, 10 May 2007
Michelle Higgins (worcester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: English Grammar for Dummies - US Edition (American English) (Paperback)
I find this book complicated. I wanted to check out the technical details of why it is incorrect to say "He gave chocolates to my friend and I" and ended up looking in four or five different sections and getting involved with something called linking verbs, a whole new area for me, someone who was at school in the 60s when grammar was well and truly taught. It will not be my first choice of book next time I need to check out a grammar problem, I'm afraid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dummies Guides Gone Too Far, 5 April 2006
By A Customer
The day "American English" becomes the de facto international business language is the day I retire. Aluminum, color, etc. etc. This book is a prime example of American dumbing down of detailed learning of a subject, to relay key facts to individuals who are too lazy to take the time to learn a subject in depth, or haven't got enough brain cells to do so. If you have any desire at all to learn more about English grammar, please do not purchase this book and/or encourage other people to buy it!

English Grammar for Dummies - US Edition (American English)
English Grammar for Dummies - US Edition (American English) by Geraldine Woods (Paperback - 1 July 2001)
Used & New from: £0.94