4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great, If you buy any ASP book, buy this one!
Although I am quite adept at HTML, come from a design background, have heeps of PC experience and therefor can produce out-standing static Web sites I needed to improve my skills base. Namely to expand into the e-commerce, e-catalogue and database connectivity areas of the internet.
With no practical programming backgound what-so-ever I really am starting from...
Published on 11 April 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but far too verbose
I got this book because I needed a good ASP knowledge quickly. There is nothing wrong with the book as such, except it is far too big. What is the point of explaining something and then explaining it again and again. If I have problems understanding I will look in another book or ask someone. I think the bulk of this book could have been cut by 1/2 if there had been...
Published on 24 July 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent startup for ASP, 1 Feb. 2001
Extreamly well written, covering the subject very well without becoming a sleep aid. If you have even a basic knowledge of programming you will pick up ASP in no time from this book. Be prepared to download the examples from the Wrox site, however, as they are not included on a CD with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker from Wrox, 8 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
This is the book I started with. It took me very quickly from first principals and simple examples to complex and corporate level ASP utilisation. It is so well written and easy to follow I could have read this in bed - now that's sad! To the author - thanks for all the headaches and work.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Introduction to ASP and Programming, 8 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
I bought this book as I wanted to learn how to build complex database-driven websites. I had little to no programming knowledge and only a basic knowledge of HTML, but this book is *amazing*!
Not only has it taught me ASP, but also the principles of Object Oriented Programming. It is clear, concise, and explains things well and easily. Every new technique is demonstrated by a walkthrough example, with each line of code explained along the way.
If you want people to be setting *your* website as their homepage, get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to learn ASP asap..., 7 July 2000
Don't let the 1100+ pages put you off! This book is surprisingly readable and the authors do an *excellent* job of teaching ASP to the beginner. I came to the book with a VB background and found the chapters very easy going but I'm sure that an enthusiastic, absolute beginner would have no trouble with the content... Wrox rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars It couldn't get any simpler, 19 April 2000
I come from the London area and thought I'd go out there and research on ASP and found this book and it mad my day. Web designers what do you want to know its all in that wonderful book, this is a book that you need, don't miss out cos its cheap too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and covers the subject, 15 Nov. 2000
IAN DUNCAN (PALMANOVA , CALVIA, MALLORCA ,BALEARES Spain) - See all my reviews
Great Wrox book well laid out easy to follow .I can highly recommend it and tremendous value. I will be getting professional edition once I have fully digested this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight!, 4 Jan. 2002
By A Customer
A very clearly-written book aimed at people with absolutely no experience of ASP (but you'll need to know HTML of course). I have only read the first 64 pages but having read them I now understand many things I never really understood before, such as what a server is exactly (and how it works), how to work with the server IIS 5.0, how browsers and servers communicate, what TCP/IP is, what HTTP is, and how scripting languages work. This information alone has already made the book a worthwhile purchase for me so I recommend it strongly.

Beginning ASP 3.0 (Programmer to Programmer)
Beginning ASP 3.0 (Programmer to Programmer) by Jon Duckett (Paperback - 11 July 2000)