5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent comprehensive book
I found this book to be very comprehensive and easy to look up information in. It covers all the major Office programs -- Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and FrontPage -- as well as Windows XP and some "hangers-on" programs such as the Office clip art manager and OneNote.
Published on 21 Mar 2005 by Ian

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Didn't find it easy to use and I felt more like a dummy on reading it and trying out some of the steps. Would not reccomment to a beginner. I feel that this was money wasted.
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. Julie A. Paterson

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent comprehensive book, 21 Mar 2005
Ian (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Office 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies (Paperback)
The author has an excellent grasp of these programs, but more important than that, he has a teaching technique which I found to be very useful in my case. For each feature, he explains the big picture, tells you what you need to know, informs you how to make the feature work for you, and then offers tips and tricks from his own experience to make your work go faster or be more productive.
Oh, and I should mention that the author has an excellent sense of humor, which is most welcome in a computer book.
This book is a good value. At 800 pages, it goes into some depth about each of the Office programs. It is a "desk reference," which means looking up information in the book is quite easy. It is meant to sit on the corner of your desk for times when you need help in Office. I have used it many times over and it has come through every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 21 Aug 2010
I bought this "used" product via Amazon and was pleased. The book is as good as new. The chapters are easy to follow and understand, I am now more competent with the use of office products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fail to learn more than you already knew., 23 Nov 2013
Brilliant - even though I'd been using OFFICE 2003 for some years it gave me many new tips and I only wish I had bought it earlier.
Hard to fault in my opinion unless the American humour and language grate a bit for you.
One of a great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starters guide, 27 Oct 2013
JHvW "JHvW" (Pays Bas, Europe) - See all my reviews
Do not be fooled by the term Dummies. I was taught there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. If you want to learn how to work with MS Office 2003at a leisurely pace, this is an excellent book.

5.0 out of 5 stars informative, 10 Aug 2013
i was a new starter to the computer it helped me through my learning i would recommend it to all new starters its a handy one to have in any home or office

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 29 July 2013
This is a good all round informative book. Helpful without getting too techinical. Easy to find exactly what is needed. And cheap too!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Feb 2013
Mrs. Julie A. Paterson "Jules" (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 12 Sep 2011
Step by step great info book. Although its 2003 thats what I am working on at momemnt and dont think it should matter as once basics learnt then updates should be pretty easy.

Office 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies
Office 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies by Peter Weverka (Paperback - 10 Oct 2003)
17.99