5.0 out of 5 stars Written in plain english
Published on 27 Mar. 2007 by T.W

3.0 out of 5 stars Exel for Dummies
This book was a total surpise to me, I thought it was just a basic small book so was really shocked with the amount of information that was in it. It was definatley worth thr money and I am glad i purchased this product
Published on 5 Oct. 2009 by J. D. Mccarthy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Written in plain english, 27 Mar. 2007
This review is from: Excel 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies (Paperback)
What a breath of fresh air to find a down to earth explanation of how to get on with Excel 2003. It's written in plain english, with a sense of humour thrown in. With clear step-by-step instructions and plenty of illustrations to get you through each subject, you can't go wrong. In just a few days, I've read the book and carried out the instructions of the exercises with ease, and I'm not a computer whizz by any stretch of the imagination. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for all standards of user, 8 Dec. 2009
Mrs. A. Day (Hinckley, England) - See all my reviews
I am an entirely self taught Excel user. Having had to learn quickly to use formulae, charts, pivot tables and macros I found this book invaluable as a complete beginner and also later as a quick reference guide. I understood the basics i.e. copy, paste but only used Excel for writing lists but could not do anything productive with them.

This book explains the basics of Excel really well and in easy to follow language. The only negative being that the book really is aimed at total beginners to advanced users so will teach you quite simple things like how to save documents etc but I tended to skip these parts. You also do need to have a computer to hand so that you can try out the things you learn otherwise it can get a little complicated. The positive side of going through this, however, is that you actually learn why you need to do certain things and later, when your Excel knowledge has improved, this makes it easier to understand advanced functions and macros etc.

My Excel knowledge is now quite advanced but I still find myself nipping in and out of this book whenever I am confronted with a request that I am unsure about. It pretty much has everything in here that you need. I particularly like the Understanding Errors bit. There are also quite a few picture examples given though a few more would have been great as I find these quite useful.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who needs a good Excel book. Just be aware that this book is aimed at all user abilities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book which will suit most users, 4 Dec. 2009
We use this book when we deliver our Excel introduction and Excel Intermediate courses. The guide is laid out in a strange way. The first book (there are 9 mini books in one) contains some good topics like terminology and screen layout etc but the same book goes on to customising Excel with new Menu Bars and Speech commands that most people will never use.

The information is laid out in an easy to follow way and the screen shots and example scenarios do make sense. We recommend that our delegates use the book as a reference book back at work when stuck on something specific. The index is comprehensive and we usually find what we are looking for (although not always in the most logical of places!)

We would advise NOT to read this book as it is printed - it doesn't make sense and some topics appear much harder.

If you have used formulas in Excel before then this book is for you - it will answer your questions when you are stuck or need to use something new. If you havent used Excel at all before then be wary - there is no logical order to the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great point of reference, 24 Oct. 2011
My Excel knowledge was quite good anyway and I thought this book would be great to teach me the things I don't know such as Macros etc, however I decided to read it cover to cover and I have picked a couple of great pointers such as shortcuts and settings etc. Great point of reference for any self-taught Excel user and also anyone who uses the package regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Mar. 2004
This book helped me to understand and explore the use of Excel, it gave me a real helping hand when coming to do my As ICT coursework and would recommend it to anyone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great on your desk !, 2 Jan. 2009
P. Maley (paris) - See all my reviews
I know that most of the info is already available somewhere in the online help in Excel, but this groups it all together nicely and is a surefire way to impress your boss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even good for heavy duty Excel users, 14 May 2011
I do lots of tables and reporting in Excel and this book is very helpfull with their detailed description of the subjects. It also went through several hands in the office, and was usefull for my collegues.
I would buy it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies, 12 Jan. 2013
Mr. Sam Johnson (SW16) - See all my reviews
I think I was too ambitious - it's far too comprehensive and detailed for me. I think it would be great for someone who was going to do an awful lot with Excel, so a great book, I just bought the wrong thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money., 31 Oct. 2012
I paid 9pence for this product and it takes you step by step. Awesome and in excellent condition. I don't know how to use Excel, now with this book, I will gain confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Mar. 2013
Bought this some time ago when learning excel. Easy to read etc. I refer only occasionally to it now but can usually find answers to anything i need without problem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Excel 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies
Excel 2003 All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies by Greg Harvey (Paperback - 10 Oct. 2003)