on 10 March 2005
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop 7 has been a staple part of my Photoshop Library ever since I first got Photoshop 7. This is a great foundation for learning Photoshop from scratch and will give you an excellent basis to learn from. It covers enough to give you a more than adequate working knowlege of the program and is VERY easy to follow. I have since moved on to far more advanced techniques, but still find it usefull to refresh my memory from time to time. Even my eleven year old daughter finds it straightforward and helpfull.
on 24 October 2008
If you want to learn how to do something quickly and cant be bothered trawling through the online help/manuals, this is for you.

Thanks to this book, I have managed to do everything I need to on Photoshop quickly and pretty pain-free.

It doesn't have everything but for a non-professional user this book should be all you need to do great things with this great software.
on 2 October 2010
I've been using Photoshop 7 since it came out and can't now afford to upgrade to CS5. I'm very familiar with the bits of the program that I use daily but I've never had the time to get into the other parts of it like filters, actions and automating tasks. I once read right through a fat and intimidating 'Photoshop Bible' style doorstop of a book but, exhaustively comprehensive as it was, there was far too much for me to take it all in.
Teach Yourself Visually is a perfect refresher course for someone at my level of expertise, reviewing what I'm already familiar with, but in a friendly way taking me into the areas that I've always shied away from. Because it's divided into colourful double-page spreads each on one specific task, it's very easy to pick out a particular topic if I want to go back to it.
I like the cheerful over-the-top illustrations; they add a touch of fun and they're easier to navigate through than a book that consists solely of text and monochrome screenshots.
on 6 July 2013
Cant do without this book, makes Photoshop easy to understand and work in. Most topics covered in one opening, no need to turn pages to see complete process
on 26 September 2011
No complaints. Prompt delivery, good condition and as described in the advert. Very useful and easy to follow. Highly recommended.
on 25 February 2015
A great guide to PS7...the learning style is perfect for flitting from book to PC!