5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Book, As I Had My Eyes Opened
This book is absolutely amazing as i never believed that Fireworks 4 contained so much.
I recently purchased Macromedia Fireworks 4 for Windows and Macintosh by Sandee Cohen, and this book was excellent, as i thought that i had learned all that i needed to know until i purchased this Bible.
Sandee Cohen teaches you all of the basics of Fireworks 4, and it delves...
Published on 8 Nov. 2001 by colin@ulsterwebdesigns.com

3.0 out of 5 stars very detailed
This book is more of a reference tool for fireworks Dont buy it if you want to learn fireworks from a beginner. Its very in depth and very handy to have. I dont think it will get all read!
Published on 30 Aug. 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Book, As I Had My Eyes Opened, 8 Nov. 2001
colin@ulsterwebdesigns.com (Belfast Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fireworks 4 Bible (Paperback)
Sandee Cohen teaches you all of the basics of Fireworks 4, and it delves straight into the get to know basis, and tutorials straight away, so if you are new to Fireworks, and want to get to know all the basics first, then it might be a good idea to buy this book first.
The Fireworks Bible because of my basic knowledge that i got from Macromedia Fireworks 4 for Windows and Macintosh has been an absolute breeze to learn, as there really is so much more to Fireworks than i ever imagined, as i am now on Chapter 16 of 26 Chapters, and i cannot wait to get stuck into the rest of what the book has to offer.
If you really want to learn the in's and out's of Fireworks, and become a Guru, then i suggest that you do not pass this book by.
I have gained so much more knowledge in the last week by this book that i cannot wait to finish the book, and start reading the new ( Playing With Fire), as the Author and Web Graphic expert is once again Sandee Cohen, so i know that after the recent pleasure i have had with the Macromedia Fireworks 4 for Windows and Macintosh, this( Playing With Fire) book is bound to be a stunner.
I believe if one is going to learn a program, then do it right, as with the capabilities that Firweorks has already shown to me, this book has to be a must, but i will write my review on that book when i have completed it.
Well if you have some basic knowledge of Fireworks, then i suggest that you buy this book, and be amazed, as i am.
I was able to skip the first 3 Chapters because it really just goes through the basics of the Palettes, and the Tools, and straight away i was amazed at what the first few pages of Chapter 4 had already shown me, so i knew i was going to be in for a treat.
As the book goes on it becomes more exciting, but beware that each Chapter can range from about thiry odd pages to about fifty pages long, but they really do give a clear and precise insight of what the you are about to learn.
Well i could go on and on, but take it from me and go for this book if you want to really find out what Fireworks can really give you.
To Sum Up: If you are a complete beginner, then go for Macromedia Fireworks 4 for Windows and Macintosh to start you off, and buy the Bible book at the same time, so that you do not lose interest.
(Combine your order to get cheaper Delivery).
If you have some basic knowledge of Fireworks, then buy this book immediately, and really learn the power of this product, as you will not be dissappointed, as it will be a fantastic Reference for you also.
I will have this Fireworks 4 Bible book finished by the next couple of days, so look out for my review on (Playing with Fire), as if this book produces what it says it will produce, then i should be in for a treat.
All in all, a well deserved 5 out of 5, and i have just purchased the Flash 5 Bible also which contains 1,319 pages compared to Fireworks 4 and its 929 pages, but if it is anything like this book, and the reviews it gets, i will enjoy reading it, as i do have some good knowledge of Flash 5 thanks to Friends of Ed, and Foundation Flash 5.
Fireworks 4 Bible : BUY IT, and become a GURU.
You will not be dissappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars 7 days later, I know it all., 3 Mar. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Fireworks 4 Bible (Paperback)
When looking for a book, I'm always rather concious about those offering something in a limited time (with no offense to SAMS intended, as they're great books), so this time I decided to go with Joseph Lowerys and Simon Whites Fireworks4 Bible.
When the parcel arrived, it made me wonder as to whether I had actually ordered the right book as the size of it was phenominal. After unwrapping the package I saw before my eyes a book, around 2 inches think and my eyes began to melt, just at the thought of having to read all of it.
After sitting down, eager to just finish the damn book, I found myself in a timeless world, in a world which I'd never discovered before, a world in which education was fun!! After a mere 7 days of getting this book, I'd read everything the book has to offer and although I've never had any experience before with Fireworks, I can now gladly call myself a Fireworks designer.

3.0 out of 5 stars very detailed, 30 Aug. 2001
By A Customer

Fireworks 4 Bible
Fireworks 4 Bible by Joseph Lowery (Paperback - 15 May 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01