5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book geared to the American market though..
Healthy Carb Cookbook for Dummies

Published on 11 Jun. 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars For health rather than weight loss
A book that rather sits on the fence as far as low carb is concerned. From my experience, the approach recommended in this book would suit low carb dieters who have reached their goal weight rather than achieve weight loss. Perhaps it is aimed more at those who wish to improve their health by reducing their intake of refined carbohydrates.
Published on 7 Jun. 2004 by Barbara Coulter

3.0 out of 5 stars For health rather than weight loss, 7 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book geared to the American market though.., 11 Jun. 2009
Healthy Carb Cookbook for Dummies

As a newbie to low carb dieting I found the book great at explaining the nutritional facts of which I was unaware. I've tried and enjoyed many of the recipes. I can also say that I've lost over half a stone inside about 6 weeks - the book tells you you didn't put all that weight on overnight. I also find I don't have any real desire for sweets or chocolate - if I feel hungry, I'll have a carrot, fat free yoghurt or fruit.

On the downside, as a UK reader, I got a bit fed up with the use of American terminology for cooking utensils - for broiler - read grill; for grill - read barbecue, etc. and for products which are relatively obscure in Manchester's supermarkets, i.e. black soybeans, Canadian Ham(Google implies the term means different things depending on where you live).

I'd also like more ideas on what you have with some of the meals apart from salad- potato seems to be out, never getting a mention, despite being unquestionably a vegetable. A friend recently suggested mashed swede and carrot, which I think is a great idea.

I got the book from the Library initially and have now purchased a copy.

Geoff Arrowsmith, Oldham

1.0 out of 5 stars The only Dummie is the Author, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
This has nothing to do with Low-Carb Dieting. This is a book about slightly reduced High-Carb eating, not worth it's price at all even at give-away price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very American, 11 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
The book gives good information on low carb dieting in general but I found the receipes impossible. They are very American and I hadn't heard of most of the ingredients and can't find them in the UK. Dissappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 19 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
You can get most of this information from the internet. I wasn't particulary inspired with the recipe section. Printed on cheap nasty paper.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy, 18 July 2013
Helped me trying to come too grips with low carb dieting, making me understand what is low carb and what is classed as hi- carb. The recipes are good too. Very helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is!, 24 Aug. 2013
D. Roberts (southend on sea, Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is ok but weights measures and a few things are really for the American market
It's ok and the measuring you just convert .

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful recipes, 10 April 2010
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
I brought this book for myself but lent it to my Mother who is fairly elderly who found the recipe ideas easy to follow, so have lost the book to my Mother

5.0 out of 5 stars Low-Carb Dieting for Dummies, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
I love the "Dummies" books, they are so easy to read and so helpful. This one was a real help, when I needed to reduce my carbs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies (Paperback)
What I expected and not really for me. More of a low carb plan and one that feels too inflexible for me.

Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies
Low-Carb Dieting For Dummies by Katherine B. Chauncey Ph.D. R.D. (Paperback - 21 Nov. 2003)