5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice - well worth the read
There's a lot of very sound advice in this book. As a professional marketeer with years of experience in the field, I still found this book very helpful. If nothing else, I could talk to the techies and actually sound like I knew what I was doing!
Published on 28 Nov 2005 by James Bury

2.0 out of 5 stars Its too out-dated for today's internet marketing
Published on 1 Jun 2006 by Mr. Andrew Peers

2.0 out of 5 stars Its too out-dated for today's internet marketing, 1 Jun 2006
This review is from: Internet Marketing For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book thinking it was going to help me understand how I can get more visitors for my website but came across a major problem. This book was printed 5 or so years ago and a lot of the advice doesn't apply today. Internet Marketing has moved on so much since then. For instance, google is mentioned but not as the major force it is today. Google is far ahead of anything else as far as search engines go currently but this book seems to rank yahoo, altavista and msn before it!

This book may have been helpful then but doesn't provide much help now. There are a few good tips in it but nothing thats going to drive many visitors to your website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice - well worth the read, 28 Nov 2005
James Bury (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Internet Marketing For Dummies (Paperback)
There are many useful tips that could quite literally double or triple your online sales if your current setup is remotely below-par. There's only a fine line between having a top-performing site and one that's lost to the world.
If you have any interest in selling your goods or promoting your business on the web, this is excellent value for money as it will give you a lot of what you need to know for very little cost. It certainly highlighted some issues that my 'technical-experts' had overlooked and were adversely affecting performance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Out-dated and very basic, 14 Aug 2009
This review is from: Internet Marketing For Dummies (Paperback)
As a web professional, I picked this up as I wanted to learn more about Internet marketing. If you're in my field of work, don't bother. There may be a couple of online tools mentioned that are handy, but the rest is very very basic. Additionally, as it was written in 2000, it doesn't even cover Google Adwords etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intresting, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Internet Marketing For Dummies (Paperback)
Very well explained and easy to understand, it's a bit out of date with the development of the market today but it gives you a good starting point.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for starters and students alike., 9 Nov 2001
This review is from: Internet Marketing For Dummies (Paperback)
This Book was a great help in learning about internet marketing stratigies and plans. Great for business and computer students.

Internet Marketing For Dummies
Internet Marketing For Dummies by Bud E. Smith (Paperback - 1 Nov 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01