5.0 out of 5 stars Technophobe creates beautiful spreadsheet on first try!
Published on 18 Jan. 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Pivot Tables not covered!
I have just taken delivery of the book and enthusiastically opened it up....but can't find anything about pivot tables! - which was the reason I purchased the book (for work). As there is no 'Advanced Excel 97 for Dummies' I hadn't thought that the topic would not be covered - quite disappointing!
Published on 20 May 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Technophobe creates beautiful spreadsheet on first try!, 18 Jan. 1999
This review is from: Excel 97 for Windows For Dummies (Paperback)
Believe me, I do not delve into new software with eager anticipation and great optimism. Never having worked with a spreadsheet, I thought I was in for a frustrating, drawn out process in trying to learn Excel from a book. I quickly read through the first two chapters (delighted to realize that I already knew a bit of what was being presented)and sat down to create a perfect spreadsheet, replete with formulae and formatting! It was such a thrill to add this powerful ally to my bag of tricks that even after I had completed the work task at hand, I continued to read and play with the features. Fear not. Jump right in with Excel for Dummies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, pretty helpful, 25 Oct. 1998
This review is from: Excel 97 for Windows For Dummies (Paperback)
Although I have had alot of previous self-taught experience with Excel 97, I found myself flipping through the book and picking up a lot of very useful tips that I was unaware of. After going through the book, I realized that the Excel software had a lot more room for potential and creativity than I was previously unaware of.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pivot Tables not covered!, 20 May 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Mar. 2015
A class

Excel 97 for Windows For Dummies
Excel 97 for Windows For Dummies by Greg Harvey (Paperback - 3 Jan. 1997)