The Transparent Oracle
Format: CardsChange
Price:£33.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 21 January 2011
My shipment of the Transparent Oracle arrived today.

At first I was surprised by the size; the box and deck were allot smaller than I expected; very good news indeed! The sheer practicality of shuffling can be difficult when, like me, your hands are small, but I can say with increasing confidence, this circular deck *is* easy to shuffle! Hurrah!

Number one star for Miss Carding - tick :)

The simple brilliance of this deck is stunning; the concept of creating transparent cards is in it's self amazing, allowing the readings to build up in layers, just like life it's self!

For me, it makes so much sense, as each layer gives a depth of meaning to the readings in a visually stimulating way; concepts are conveyed symbolically within the art work; Miss Carding has called upon the four directions of the compass, and the spiritual concept of the Hermetic "As above so below" to combine with the Jungian concept of Within as well, forming the Seven Direction the cards represent.

Star number two - tick! :)

The usual booklet which accompanies most decks of divination cards, has been replaced by a complete book on the deck; no having to shell out yet more sheckles on an indepth book; another star - tick :)

The foreword is written by David Rankin and Sorita D'Este, a husband and wife team who really need no introduction here; just google Avalonia Books... David has also written some interesting spreads to use.

Miss Carding has written detailed explanations for all of the directions and cards, including hints and tips on how to use and get to know the cards - yet another star - tick :)

But what I like from a practical Virgoan perspective is the sheer practicality of the box the deck comes in; it's large enough to contain the whole kit, yet small enough to slip under a chair, in a draw, or on a shelf. The thought in planning the whole thing is clearly shown in the addition of a nice white cloth to elegantly place the cards on.

Another star - tick :)

I'd like to give several stars more for the simplicity of use and well, every thing! But Amazon only allow five...

Take it from me, if you order this deck you will be very pleased, as am I; I thoroughly recommend it!
on 2 November 2012
Received this as a gift and I love it! I found the cards a little difficult to shuffle but the images are amazing and you can layer the cards to create different readings. Lovely images and excellent descriptions and meanings in the accompanying book.
on 6 March 2015
Wasn't sure about them to begin with, but now I am getting used to this oracle & playing with the cards! I like the different patterns it creates, by layering.