5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 1 Feb 2006
This review is from: Antique Boxes: 1760-1880 (Schiffer Book for Collectors with Price Guide) (Hardcover)
Despite my growing interest in antique boxes in general and writing slopes in particular I've held off from buying this book because of its seemingly high price. I finally took the plunge on the strength of the website on the same subject - [...] - and I'm so glad I did. This is a marvellous book, highly informative and beautifully written. So much more than the coffee table book I feared. There are at least 3 and often as many as 5 or 6 exquisite colour photos on every page. I hope the authors will take advantage of Amazon's 'search inside the book' function so that other antique box enthusiasts can see what they're missing. Clearly a labour of love, this book not only lives up to its promise: it is tremendous value for money too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Box book, 4 Mar 2014
Beautiful book about boxes of all descriptions makes a good reference book too.
I bought it as a present for my hubby as he loves writing slopes.
Would I buy it again or recommend it to a friend, no I wouldn't and that's because I paid nearly £70 for it and whilst it's the nicest book with the best photos I have ever clapped eyes on, once we looked at it we haven't picked it up since and the photos can be found online if you put the details in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct 2014
A beautiful book.

Antique Boxes: 1760-1880 (Schiffer Book for Collectors with Price Guide)