4.0 out of 5 stars A Simple Life, 24 Oct. 2013
When I look around my house, I see an abundance of electronics, toys and so many modern conveniences that I'm sure I couldn't live without! Sometimes I sit back and wonder if I would be able to live without these things and although I'm sure I COULD live without them, I positive that I wouldn't like it very much!

This is so unlike Jenny Burns, a young English lady whose sole desire is to become Amish. She longs to live a "simple life", and makes the difficult decision to sell all of her worldly possessions and move to Hickory Hollow where she hopes to be able to fulfill her dream and become Amish.

Before Jenny can be baptized into the Amish faith, she first must go through a time of Proving. While learning the ways of the Amish she becomes friends with some of the younger folk who are interested in the world she left behind. They entrust her with a secret that threatens her dream of becoming Amish. Will Jenny find the strength to succeed in the Amish ways?

The Secret Keeper is the fourth book in the Home to Hickory Hollow series, but it can be read independently. The author, Beverly Lewis,uses descriptive language to weave a tale that draws you into the Amish culture. She teaches us that you can turn your anxieties over to God and he will carry you through your troubles in the time that he sees right for us. She tries to instil in the reader the idea that you don't need all the fancy things in life to be happy, you can be happy with what you have.

Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from Bethany House/Baker Publishing Group for review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent book by Bev Lewis, 25 Oct. 2013
An excellent continuation of the series, have read all of Beverly Lewis books and enjoyed them all. Look forward to some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 25 Sept. 2013
V. Loudon "valedith" (UK) - See all my reviews
Really enjoyed this book - just as good as the other books I've read by this author. Real food for thought!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put this down, 8 Sept. 2013
I have read this on the kindle

This is the 4th book in the Hickory Hollow series & it was a great one
You have Jenny who is i guess you could say a old fashion girl who wants nothing more than to live Amish
She had been writing to her Amish Friend for years & finally decides to go Amish

She feels the odd one out in her family & she don't tell them what she is doing but let them believe she going away for a long vacantion

She Struggles with trying to Prove herself & it a story of if she makes it or not she learns of a secret that can stop her dream so does she keep the secret & give up on her dream or does she tell & risk hurting someone

This is a great story of an English attempting to go Amish i wonder how any of us would do

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have in your library., 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Secret Keeper (Home to Hickory Hollow) (Paperback)
This book had me from the first page. A must if u like Beverley Lewis. Treat yourself to the complete series .

4.0 out of 5 stars I love all her, 10 Sept. 2014
I'm really enjoying this book! I love all her books

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell the soil through the author's pen, 12 Oct. 2013
P. Dickin (Epsom, UK) - See all my reviews
Once i started reading, i couldn't putt it down. Kindle edition meant i read late into the night when Just a light was too bright.
The descriptions are so vivid, not only can you see the beautiful Lancaster countryside in your mind, you can feel the changing seasons and smell the soil. A brilliant novel. Oh if i could only follow jenny's steps and join the Plain people as well.

Secret Keeper (Home to Hickory Hollow)
Secret Keeper (Home to Hickory Hollow) by Beverly Lewis (Paperback - 3 Sept. 2013)