5.0 out of 5 stars So many to choose .... this would be a good choice
What can I say there are so many name books ... there are literally hundreds on Amazon so why this one?

Published on 17 Feb 2010 by M. A. Lely

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on 10 Aug 2011 by Cinnamon

5.0 out of 5 stars So many to choose .... this would be a good choice, 17 Feb 2010
M. A. Lely "Michiel" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Name Book: Over 10,000 Names - Their Meanings, Origins and Spiritual Significance (Paperback)

I choose it because of the large number of names and a positive review ... and I have not been disappointed. This book delivered for us, it gave a lot of choices, references, the meaning of names. We did not need any other book or the internet to help us in our choice.

If you are not sure, you can confidentally choose this book. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Name Book: Over 10,000 Names - Their Meanings, Origins and Spiritual Significance, 1 Mar 2009
D. M. Clarke "debbyc62" (London UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book. I was a little dissapointed that it didnt have a few of the more obscure names in it but there are many others in it. I also love the spiritual meanings of the names, which often make the name a lot nicer than its original meaning. Definitly recommend this book especially, if you love a name that doesnt have too good an original meaning, which has put you off choosing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Aug 2011
Very disappointed with this book. Imagined that the spiritual element would be broad and all encompassing. Not so. The author just seems to have selected a random biblical reference for each name which is supposed to aid the reader but it is just her interpretation and/or suggestion. The layout is odd and none of the names are described as feminine or masculine - you have to guess - this is very annoying. Not what I thought it would be at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissappointed, 4 Mar 2011
I ordered this book because it has good reviews and with 'Over 10,000 Names - Their Meanings, Origins, and Spiritual Significance' I thought, what else could I need? BUT I am not happy with it at all! First of all, it didn't say anywhere that this book is American, so a lot the old fashioned English type boys names that I like aren't included. Names are not labelled as male or female, so all these obscure names that it does include I have no idea what sex they would be nice for, names are not even shown phonetically so you would have no idea how to say them anyway! Shortened names, don't say what they are shortened from e.g. Trixie does not say that it may be a shortened version of Beatrice which I think is very important to know when naming your child. As for the meanings, origins and spiritual significance, it is no good at all. Any names that I like I will just be looking up online now for their meaning and I shall definitely be going down to the library or the charity shop in search of a better book and hopefully not wasting too much more money, I would recommend that you do the same or borrow from a friend unless you have actually seen inside the book before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best name book ever, 10 Feb 2009
Mrs. S. Price "love-joy-peace" (Maidstone, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is the best name book I've came accross. It has many different/unsual names. But the most important thing that each name has biblical reference to it. So, if you are looking for a name for your child, why not give them a name with a purpose. Go buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Names - their meaning and spiritual connotations, 13 Feb 2014
As I am interested in the meaning of names and their spiritual connotations I have found this book very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Your Existential Bearings, 25 Aug 2013
Names are so much more than a surface identification. This book digs a lot deeper than that, while being brief and to the point, thus making meaning an enjoyable and graspable concept for each name. There is a Judeo-Christian orientation, and biblical allusions and contexts are provided for each name with multiple phonetic resonances provided, which are flexible, so if you're looking for a particular name, the book engages creative faculties by giving a pointer to the grammatical root of the name, without being overtly scientific or systematic in approach. A good, inspiring energy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would I buy it again? ... No!, 7 Oct 2010
Theres nothing wrong with this book, you will be able to find some names in here that you will want to add to your list BUT.... I felt this book like a couple of others I bought has more pages of odd names than ones I've actually heard in use.
To be honest I felt I had wasted my money and now wish I had hired one out the library instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014