First of all this book contains 4 CD's. If you don't have CD driver, you shouldn't buy this book. Moreover you can only listen practice exams questions from CD's.The book doesn't contain computer adaptive toefl test.On the other hand, there are a lot of practice questions.Especially grammar explanations of book's are very broad. You can see many different grammar problem area. Nevertheles, the book is not a perfect guide. If you enter a CBT exam , you have to use interactive CD tool.Unfortunately, this book doesn't give you enough preparation. In summary you can buy this book and you can see many questions, but I believe that it can't be enough for you.I had used this book and also I had recorded good scores before a real CBT exam. But after the exam, I again start to looking for another book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 1999
Although I used this book to prepare for the computer-based test, and not the paper-based test, which the book is written for, it really helped me. I only had like 3 weeks to prepare, but this book really cracked the TOEFL and taught me what to look out for and how to avoid all the pitfalls. I guess I could have done without and still made a respectable score, but WITH it, my score turned out to be more than satisfactory. It turned out to be almoust as high as possible. No doubt this book is really worth its money. Even as a reference book for later use this book is great.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse