5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Great product. A lot of beautiful pictures and projects. Materials are explained in detail. Certainly recommend for beginners.
I bought three books including "Art of Hand Sewing Leather" and "Gorgeous Leather Crafts: 30 Projects to Stamp, Stencil, Weave and Tool " but this one was certainly the most valuable one for me.
Published on 14 Feb. 2012 by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I had hoped
When I first opened the book and flicked through it, I felt disappointed. It had the look and general feel of a book you'd find in a bargain basement shop for £5.00. I began reading, and my expectations raised. I read through the history of leather, and different methods of tanning; and all the different types of leather, and their purposes. All this was interesting...
Published on 22 Aug. 2012 by JamJam

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I had hoped, 22 Aug. 2012
JamJam (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art and Craft of Leather: Leatherworking Tools and Techniques Explained in Detail (Hardcover)
Next was what I really wanted to know. The correct tools. There was a good amount of detail about different tools and their uses, to give me a better idea of which ones I needed to buy.
Then my disappointment again. I was really looking forward to learning how to emboss leather, and how best to use the tools for this. Unfortunately I could see from the photos, that the examples were clearly done by a novice embosser who couldn't draw, or use the swivel knife smoothly.
The next bit which interested me was the stitching and braiding, which to be fair is the strong point of the leatherworker in this book, so I can learn from this section.

Then the final disappointment. The projects in the back of the book look like dated college art and craft work from the 1990's with no real practical use.
There is a box basket with no handle; A wooden tray with glued on mosaic leather tiles; A very sorry looking leather clock; An mdf picture frame with leather glued on; A coin caddy; A wooden box with leather glued on; A very simple book front cover and back with no spine; And a mirror with a tree landscape at the bottom. I was hoping for a useful bag, or simple glove project. Maybe a pair of flip flops.

I have given the three stars for:
History and methods of tanning
Tool information
Braiding section

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Feb. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Leatherwork for artists, 7 Jan. 2013
What a great book for artist who work with leather.
It has many examples, great pictures and clearly description.
It is amazing what you can do with leather. Just great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reading., 15 Nov. 2014
Well produced book. Plenty of pictures, and some great ideas. Will be good for reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars New hobby, 18 Nov. 2012
J. M. Toogood - See all my reviews
I have bought this as a Christmas present for a friend who has recently started doing leatherwork as a hobby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Manual, 22 Jun. 2010
This is a most comprehensive guide and useful to tyro and expert alike. Fair price and good delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 19 Dec. 2012
Item extactly as described and was we were looking for, will use the company again when I purcahse any other books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014