‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This one!, 14 Jan 2004
Buy this one!
really buy it!
Stan and Margarite Schultz are widely respected in the Tarantula keeping community.
This book is recommended by newbies and professionals alike.
It will teach a beginner everything you want to know and wet you appetite to find out more. There can be no book to inform on all aspects of tarantulas* the subject is too vast, but this book gives you a good basis and if you keep Tarantulas you won't find much beyond the scope of this book. But be warned you'll get hooked.
Oh and don't worry about the scientific names, it'll come as you learn.
I'm writing this review aimed at new enthusiasts because if you've kept T's for a while chances are you have already bought this.
*(you'll learn that the more questions you have answered will only lead you to more questions)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 3 Nov 2006
Mrs. H. S. Finch (North East England) - See all my reviews
I thought this would be just a guide to keeping my Tarantula but its a lot more than that! Theres stuff on history and mythology (how the earliest name for the group we call Tarantulas actually referred to a furry mouse like animal!) and anatomy and physiology. That may sound off-putting but its written in a style thats easy to read for us non-academics.

I would say it is the only book you need if youre thinking of getting a Tarantula!

'nuff said!

5.0 out of 5 stars The diffinative work on Tarantula husbandry, 8 Oct 2000
By A Customer
As a new commer to the hobby of Tarantula keeping this was the first book on the subject that I bought. I found this publication most enlightening and it answered all my questions about the practical side of Tarantula Husbandry. I highly reccoment this book to both the beginner and the advanced Tarantula keeper alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Information, Great Book, 11 Dec 2013
dmcnabb - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my niece. I had a good look through it before I gave it to her as my husband and I had thought about getting a tarantula. There is a LOT of information about different varieties, breeds and information that relates to where they come from, how to keep them, care for them and signs of health issues etc. To be honest there was a lot of information and it did make it all seem far more complicated than I'd like it to be. First and foremost learning about how long they live! (Some 30-40 years!) I think the book would be good for someone who has invested in keeping a tarantula, but for me who was on the fence about it, it has put me off a tarantula when I sort of realized the level of care they would actually need (tarantulas to me seemed like one of those pets that sits in a cage, you feed it every few days and look at it, which isn't the case) My niece enjoyed it (but she does have several tarantulas!)

5.0 out of 5 stars so much information, 7 Jan 2010
Christine P. Lee (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
Just brought my first T and found this book really full of information and also quite funny in parts, it gave the basic information as well as the scientific side. i wanted to know the ins and outs of my T and this book went a long way to help. it gives first aid help as well. so glad i brought this one, have read it all the way through and will probably refer to it for quite a while

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Feb 2011
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
This is by far the best book available for tarantula enthusiast's of all experience levels. I would recommend this book to anyone from thinking about owning thinking about owning your first tarantula to well established enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarantula keepers guide, 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
This book is an essential purchase for anybody who is looking into getting a tarantula and for those who are already in the hobby.
It is a great read packed full of information and facts.
I have been in the tarantula keeping hobby for 8 months, looking after 10 tarantulas of various species and this book really helped me to learn so much about these fascinating creatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for all Arachnophiles!, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
If you keep tarantulas, then this is quite simply a compulsory purchase.

The authors have kept spiders for many years and have compiled all of their knowledge into this book. It is frequently revised and indeed we bought this edition to update/replace our 5 year old copy.

In five years, the book has been updated considerably. Pictures and diagrams are well annotated and clearly printed. Advice is given in many areas and all thoughts and recommendations are clearly explained so we know WHY as well as 'what.'

There are many websites out there which offer very good advice on the subject, but many keepers are trly fairly novice and have only recommended based on hearsay or a relatively limited experience (compared to the authors of this book, and other similar books.) Many of these websites are brilliant, but I will always refer to the TKG for a good 'second opinion' and trust that any answers I find are very well researched.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you need to know and more, 1 Sep 2009
Lorraine Westall (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
I bought this for my daughters friend for her 11th birthday, she was getting a Tarantula. Loads of info inside, she was thrilled with it especially as it had a large section on her particular breed.

5.0 out of 5 stars T Keeper Newbie, 1 Dec 2009
This review is from: Tarantula Keeper's Guide (Paperback)
Excellent book. I have recently taken ownership of my first tarantula and this is an indispensible guide. Tells me everything and more that I need to know.

Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Tarantula Keeper's Guide
Tarantula Keeper's Guide by Marguerite J. Schultz (Paperback - 1 Feb 2009)