5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for Border Collie owners
Published on 8 Jun. 2009 by Alan Hunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Border Collies
The book itself is a bit lightweight. Not as much info as I hoped for and American based narrative. Having said all that, as it was cheap it was worth it.
Published on 16 Sept. 2011 by D. Reynolds

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for Border Collie owners, 8 Jun. 2009
Alan Hunter (Fife) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback)
I got my Border Collie from a rescue kennels and he had suffered in his previous home(s). Having never had a Border before I was unsure which characteristics were 'normal' for him and which were due to the stress he showed being in the kennels and whatever had happened to him previously. This book was/is amazing. I have read it through a few times and often use as a reference. I have had Flyn now for 7 weeks and the turn around is amazing. Knowing what to look for has helped so much with this and all the answers to this were in the book. The intent stare, the manic turns, how they behave in the house compared to outside, it is all in here. Definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars border collie book, 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback)
I bought this book as we are thinking of getting a border collie and my husband has already had them so I wanted to brush up on them to keep up to speed. I now know more technical stuff from it than he does! It is a compact book but is packed with good information, an excellent reference book and a good read. I would recommend it to all prospective owners and maybe those who want to brush up?

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent reference for Border Collie owners., 7 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
As a Border Collie owner I found this book very informative and entertaining. The auther discussed all aspects of the Border Collies characteristics; herding,showing,obediance. He wrote about the origin of the dog,about breeding, some of the diseases they can get. I highly reccomend it to any Border Collie owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it!!, 9 Nov. 2004
I bought this book because I am collecting my BC puppy in just over a week. I have some experience of BCs, but want to make sure that I fully understand my puppy's behaviour, and how best to train it. This book is brilliant. It is honest and informative. I now feel well prepared to start caring for my new puppy and I can't wait. I recommend that all BC puppy and adult dog owners, and definitely all prospective owners read this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Border Collies, 16 Sept. 2011
D. Reynolds (dog walker) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars If you love your bc, don't pay any attention to this book, 18 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
Hugely disappointing book. I love my collie and would never put a choke chain on her like this book suggests. It uses training techniques that are frankly way out of date. There are much better books on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best border collie book I've ever read..., 1 April 1999
By A Customer
Even though I don't own a border collie, I want to someday, so that's why I bought this exceptional book. The information was excellent and clear, and this book had lots of color pictures and drawings . Because of this book I realized how much I didn't know about border collies, which was a lot. This book will make me a much better dog owner. I recommend this book to anyone who has a border collie or who wants one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter book for new BC owners., 8 April 2013
This review is from: Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback)
Not an in-depth guide to the breed, but a helpful book for novice owners. Some lovely photographs as well. Some good behaviour explanations, but any BC owner will know that there is so much to learn about this breed in order to keep them stimulated, happy and confident.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... a first time Border Collie owner it is very useful. But my advice would be to go on ..., 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback)
If you are a first time Border Collie owner it is very useful. But my advice would be to go on to one of the UK Border Collie rescue sites. Sign up for a newsletter online, they are really helpful and are ready to give advice even if you didn't get your dog from them. Owning a Border Collie is a commitment as they are not like other dogs. Much more clever and you need to treat them accordingly, never underestimate them and don't get cross with them if they are naughty! They need a lot of mental stimulation and exercise to keep them on the straight and narrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and insightful., 29 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
I adopted two border collies before I knew what I had gotten myself into. This book gave me a greater insight into the nature and mindset of the breed. If I had this book before I got my dogs, I would have saved myself some time and frustration. This is an excellent book, with practical information. It is straightforward and enjoyable to read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
Border Collies (A Complete Pet Owner's Manual) by Michael DeVine (Paperback - 29 Jun. 2007)