5.0 out of 5 stars This is the language bible

Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the language bible, 18 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
I bought this book before moving to Spain and have found it invaluable. It has definitely become my bible. Its simple, easy to understand and clearly laid out. The most useful part for me has been the thorough explanations of verb tenses. I was educated in the english school system which did not cover grammer. This made the prospect of learning a new language quite daunting. This book has made the world of difference. If you are serious about learning Spanish then you should be serious about owning this book. Although it has 501 spanish verbs in it, there are undoubtedly some that you will need that aren't in there so I would advise buying in conjunction with a good dictionary

5.0 out of 5 stars I've owned this book for 3 years now., 6 Oct. 2005
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
And I never go to Spain without it in my luggage! I know enough to leave behind the dictionary more often than not, but not this book. It's the most useful of all the titles that I've bought to help me with my studies. It's well-thumbed and getting dog-eared, which shows just how much it is used. Everyone I've come across in class who possesses this 501 Spanish Verb book says the same, and I've never seen one in immaculate condition (so watch out if you're buying secondhand!)
This is a comprehensive list of verbs, set out simply for easy reference, with understandable explanations for the meaning of each tense covered. Colloquial expressions used with each verb are covered. Maybe it's just that it suits my style of learning but if that were the case then I don't think I'd find so many others carrying it about - it's pretty bulky and heavy for a paperback! I really like this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Resource, 29 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
This book helped me get through my Spanish degree. I whole-heartedly recommend it.
As a correction to a review posted 4 years ago, desayunarse is not a mistake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference resource for Spanish students.., 25 Sept. 2005
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
Although this book is really meant more as a reference tool than a revision aid, it really serves its purpose well. As a non-native speaker of Spanish, I often can't tell if I had conjugated the verb properly. I just don't have the native-speaker's kind of "intuition" when it comes to determining whether a word sounds "right" or "wrong". Anyways, I have found this book indispensable whenever I am writing essays and compositions. If you are a serious student of Spanish, you will find this book a great asset!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish homework, 24 Nov. 2006
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
I am learning Spanish at college and I could not have managed my homework without this book of verbs - a great book for anyone who needs to conjugate verbs (with all tenses made very clear).

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremly Useful, 30 April 2012
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
If you are serious about learning Spanish, this book is a must. Brilliant, helpful, useful exercises and would not be without this book. The English language does not conjugate verbs like other European languages, well, if it does I was never taught English that way! This book teaches you how to conjugate the most common verbs needed in 14 different tenses. Considering the Canarians only teach up to about 7/8 tenses at main stream school(I think), this book will meet all your needs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good reference guide, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
As a reference guide, very good. It does what it says on the cover - ie, it contains 501 Spanish verbs. However, I have a feeling that, once you have learned the regular verbs, they are simply a matter of applying a system. It is the irregular verbs that we students stub our toes on. What is needed is a book of 501 exceptions, because once you have the regular system in your head, you have no need to look these up in a book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 23 May 2013
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
Useful for learning the grammar of Spanish verbs. Bought an edition several years ago and thought I'd lost it! Came across it on Amazon and bought another copy which arrive a couple of days before I bought the 'lost' copy! Ah well, suppose someone will get it as a present!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for first time learners, and beyond, 21 May 2013
Jamie Harris (South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
This is such a useful book, think anyone learning Spanish should get hold of it. As well as the many verbs covered also gives useful tips, and uses of verbs in everyday language at foot of page. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Spanish verb reference book!, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: 501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) (Paperback)
Absolutely perfect. It is for a present and arrived promptly and in excellent condition thank you. It is one of the reference books that everyone learning Spanish should purchase - invaluable.

501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition)
501 Spanish Verbs (5th Edition) by Theodore N. Kendris (Paperback - 28 Jun. 2003)
Used & New from: £3.55