5.0 out of 5 stars A guide to understanding Budgerigars
Published on 16 May 2003 by Katie

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO AMERICAN
IF I TOOK NOTICE OF THIS BOOK I WOULD BE PERMANENTLY FINDING A BIRD PHYCIATRIST!!! SOME USEUL TIPS BUT MOST OF IT IS PURE PIFFLE A WASTE OF MONEY
Published 17 months ago by MAVIS CRYER

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A guide to understanding Budgerigars, 16 May 2003
Katie (Essex, Southend United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Budgerigars (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) (Paperback)
This book is essential for any new pet owners wondering how to look after or tame their budgie. It includes everything about purchasing, caring, nutrition, behaviour, and training. Even before buying your bird this book is extremely useful on deciding which budgie to go for when in the shop. It also takes you through what they should and should not be fed, and how to understand and befriend your bird.
Through reading the instructions in this book to get your budgie used to you led me to have an extremely good relationship with my budgie. He would fly to my shoulder and play games without being frightened or need encouraging.
If you feel you need to know more about budgerigars this book is perfect for you. It is extremely useful for learning about the birds behaviour and needs, as well as explaining what to do if your bird is sick. Games which budgies enjoy playing are listed and explained for you to try.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy Budgie and Owner, 25 Aug 2012
I'd never had a Budgie before I got my demonic ball of feathers named Bertie so I was a complete novice and in the end after my Budgie bit me so hard he drew blood, I had to admit that I needed help to tame him.

This book is brilliant at explaining the best way to care for your Budgie; from the size of cage, diet, toys and common illnesses. It also gives very good instruction in how to build a relationship with your Budgie and tame them.

I don't get bitten anymore, my Budgie comes to me when I tell him too and gets on and off my hand on command and now whistles back to me. He also sits on my shoulder whilst I play the Piano. All thanks to tips from this book! It was almost as good a purchase as Bertie himself!

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO AMERICAN, 9 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Learning., 13 May 2013
This book was so handy to read when just purchased a budgie. It answered a lot of my questions. thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting book, 18 April 2013
I found the book very informative, I knew very little about our feathered friends and it has helped me a great deal about caring for the little thing, I also found the body language of a budgie is very interesting
would recommend this book to anyone who intends to get a bird as a pet

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Budgie Book But Good Enough, 28 Sep 2011
I bought this budgie book when I bought a baby budgie. I've kept parrots in the past but not budgies and I wanted to refresh my mind on how to look after these little guys. The book gives the basics in an easy to read format with some nice photographs. There were no glaring errors that I noticed although there were dogmatic statements about things which are a matter of debate (e.g. whether to provide mirror toys to budgies, whether to clip their wings, whether to keep one or multiples etc). As long as you read more than one book and visit more than one on-line forum then the lack of balance is not a problem. I actually like it when authors stick their necks out and take a stand on things they care about. I don't have to agree with everything I read so long as I share the basic philosophy and this book seems to have its heart (and mind) in the right place even if I found myself doubting some advice. It has an American slant so it might not be totally relevant if you are living in the UK (as I am) but you can adapt the advice and find other work-arounds. What can I say? It ain't Shakespeare but it is fine as a basic pet care book. Pick it up at a bargain price from Amazon and grab a couple more while you're at it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Budgerigars (Complete Pet Owner's Manual), 4 Mar 2014
Very useful book. Goes into more detail about things like 'first aid' than m,y other budgie books. I would recommend this book to other pet budgie owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars budgerigars, 23 Feb 2014
I bought this for my 82yr old mum who is about to get a budgerigar and it was perfect, tells you everything you need to know, perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same writer as Cockatiels(complete Pet Owner's Manual, 12 Jan 2014
Lucys Den (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Very well written again good for the novice. I have not had a budgie for years and so everything changes in time even training.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Small Book!, 21 Dec 2013
Bought this as a gift for Christmas to go along with a new Budgie :) Haven't read it cover to cover even though there isn't much to read, really! It isn't what I was expecting - maybe I should of looked at alternatives. It's very thin and quite a small book. Seems quite expensive for such a small/thin book - looking at the price on the back and the book itself, it is a book designed for US/Canada - as others said, a little "Americanised". It is fine for a gift and too pick up some useful tips but don't think it offers value for money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Budgerigars (Complete Pet Owner's Manual)
Budgerigars (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) by Immanuel Birmelin (Paperback - 28 Nov 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01