5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful set of storytelling cards, 19 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit (Cards)
Having read the reviews I decided to buy these. The illustrations are just beautiful and put the usual kind of basic story start cards in the shade. I bought this set to take to school to help my pupils with creative writing, but my daughters liked them so much they want to keep them so I now need to buy more! A really lovely idea. You could start a story with just one of these lovely cards. There are lots of little objects in each picture so there is so much just in one picture. The cards are a good size and the little questions on the back can help to fire the imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit (Cards)
Bought this for my 12 year old daughter ... she loves it and takes it with her when we travel. She is a story writing type and it fits her ways of thinking very well. She spends quite a bit of time just examining all the cards. Will be getting more sets shortly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagination in a box!, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit (Cards)
I can't rate these cards too highly (and have bought two other sets in the series to follow up as birthday and Christmas gifts!)
They were first recommended to me by a teacher, who has been using them at school.
This set of gorgeously illustrated cards comes with a little book explaining ways of using them, but we dove straight in! My little girl has Autism and she loves poring over the pictures and telling stories about each character. We spread them out on the floor and she chooses six of them and let's her imagination take flight, telling - and often - writing long, flowing stories about these characters and their wonderful adventures. The illustrations are so detailed that she has no trouble describing them and she loves searching them for other little details often hidden in the background...
These cards would be suitable for young children up to any age! I love them and use them to make up bedtime stories for her - guaranteed no two the same!
We have used them to talk about the pictures and people, feelings, places, clothes, jobs, etc.
Thoroughly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely set of cards, 10 Jun 2013
Mr. A. Ranger "verytree" (East Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit (Cards)
I purchased two sets of these to help with a story telling workshop that i was running. I gave each participant 4 cards and asked them to use them as a basis for creating a story. The cards come with a little booklet which gives you some ideas on using them as an individual or as part of a storytelling game. The book is a bonus, but the real treasure here are the cards themselves. Each of the 40 cards in the pack is beautifully illustrated. There is enough imagery on each card to create a story in itself, there are also useful words and suggestions on the back of the card to help you get the story started.. So I could easily have got stories from giving out just one card. I have used these cards to give me ideas to kick start my own stories, and I have picked a few cards and told night time stories from them to my 3 year old. There are a few varieties of story telling cards around, and I would not hesitate to recommend these ones. They are slightly larger than others i have seen (larger than playing cards) but this just gives more space to view the wonderful image on each one. A great buy.. and one i shall continue to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 2 April 2013
This review is from: The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit (Cards)
This was bought on a whim, after my daughter mentioned 'magical' cards used at school in English lessons. They were given to her for her 10th birthday, and she pronounced them the 'best present ever'. The pictures are beautiful, and act as inspiration for imaginative minds. She loves writing stories, and these Storyworld cards have stimulated even more writing. I really recommend them; they make a wonderful present, and are destined to be treasured for the future as well.

The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit
The Storyworld Box Cards: Create-A-Story Kit by Caitlin Matthews (Cards - 10 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: 56.50