Format: Hardcover|Change

I spent most of Christmas day 2011 finishing this hefty tome and enjoyed just about every moment of it with the sole exception of the chapter devoted to the movies (which I expect author and famed Spider-scribe Peter David wrote with as much enjoyment given the heavy-handed business-speak and rights discussion with so dominates it). Every other section of the book - handily assembled into sections on each decade of Spider-Man's publication with detailed acknowledgements of his supporting cast, or a reference-quality timeline of the various spin-offs from the main Amazing series - is concisely written with a warmth that confirms David's devotion to the character, heavily illustrated throughout with classic covers and other more treasured rarities, some of which (including a replica of a poster by Rick Leonardi, stationery and a fair few other trinkets) take the form of detailed reproductions. If you've seen any of the other Vault books (including the Batman, DC or Marvel books) you'll know what to expect, though there are a lot less pullouts in this than in The Star Wars Vault if that's your only frame of reference. Still, at less than £20 it's a wonderful quick read on the history of Spider-Man and would make a great gift, even to yourself. If you liked Steve Saffel's excellent Spider-man: The Icon, you'll love this and vice versa. Heartily recommended.
on 5 January 2012
Hi yes - not for me this, a Christmas present. And he loved it! Kept making me look at all the 'artefacts' and 'pieces of paper... - especially the note paper he remembers having as a kid'. Ahhhh Lots of things in there to look at, things to pull open and goggle over. Fond memories evoked if you ever had any of the original stuff in this vault.
on 15 April 2016
Very interesting to a very long time fan of Spidey! Right from comic number 1 (Oh how I wish I still had that!) Lots of tit-bits I didn't know.
on 5 July 2014
Speedy delivery, great book, the art work and history will be liked by all Spiderman Fans
on 16 December 2015
Great item
on 17 January 2013
I bought this for my son just before Christmas and it was delivered in super quick time,it was also a lot cheaper than the book price that was selling at a lot of other outlets.
As for the content I have no idea as I have never read it
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse