5.0 out of 5 stars A Rainbow of Judy, 16 Sep 2011
T. Smith "Our Tone" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judy (Hardcover)
What a wonderful book - the photographs and descriptions of Judy's movie history are lovely. This book is a real treasure, looking at her tv, concerts and stage appearances as well. I was so blown away by it that I ordered a second copy for my friend Tara's birthday in December, she will love it. I beg all of those who love Judy, to buy this book. I have read the many books written about Judy, but this is the one the fans will find the most interesting.
Toto-ally Over the Rainbow.
Tony

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Judy (Hardcover)
An absolutely fabulous book, about this iconic star of Hollywood. The best review ever of her films, music and life. An absolute must for any Judy Garland fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 3 Jun 2012
This review is from: Judy (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my sister for her 77th birthday. She was so thrilled with it!
Because it is full of pictures of Judy`s life and film career and contains easy to read information, I would recommend it as good gift for anyone, but particularly for those who are from Judy`s generation.
It certainly brings back memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow BIG BOOK FOR A BIG WOMAN!, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: Judy (Hardcover)
Great Book! photos, comments, posters .... all about Judy!!!!! A great gift for those who love Judy Garland but also for those who must learn to love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. A must for any Judy fan., 17 Feb 2013
Ms Kelly (Somewhere, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Judy (Hardcover)
I own several hard cover books about Judy written by John Fricke, and I must say this is probably one of my favourites. Received the book yesterday and spent a good 3 hours perusing through the pages, looking at the fantastic photos included and reading about my favourite Garland films (and after 3 hours I'm not even halfway through yet!).
I really like how each of her films is broken down with a synopsis, reviews written at the time of the films release, notes about said film and (probably my favourite of all) the quotes from the actors/directors/producers who worked on each film. I absolutely love the amount of anecdotes included, and several of them had me tearing up reading the lovely words Judy's friends and fellow actors had to say.
I recommend this book to any Judy Garland fan, even if you have every other photo book ever published, I still think this deserves a place on every Judy fans bookshelf. I'd not seen a lot of the photos featured and a few times I caught myself with a silly little grin across my face when browsing the pages.
A must for any Judy fan. Thank you John Fricke for yet another wonderful book dedicated to the memory of this very talented lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Entertainers!, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: Judy (Hardcover)
I am a HUGE FAN of Judy Garland. And I purchased this book at a GREAT price on Amazon. It covers all of Miss Garland's Movies From The Wizard Of Oz to Meet Me In St Louis to Easter Parade to The Harvey Girls.

The Photographs are LOVELY. The book is an Insiders Guide to her Legendary Career and her highs and lows.

If like me you are a Judy Garland Fan you will not be disppointed by this book. It is an Affectionate Tribute to one of the Worlds Greatest Entertainers of the 20th Century.

Judy
Judy by John Fricke (Hardcover - 8 Sep 2011)