4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to beading techniques
Published on 23 Aug 2007 by K. Johansson

3.0 out of 5 stars A great book but not what I expected...
Published on 17 Mar 2010 by Julie Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to beading techniques, 23 Aug 2007
K. Johansson (Sweden) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as an intermediate beader after hearing many good words about it. And I do find it's a great book for beginners to learn new techniques from stringing to seed beading and wire crochet. Not a book for people looking for different projects, but exactly what it claims to be: an encyclopedia to use as reference for learing. A starting point for new beaders that I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll need, 20 Nov 2008
V. J. Stringer "rosevibe" (hatfield uk) - See all my reviews
This truly is the only book you'll need to make (amongst other things) gorgeous jewellery, the technique descriptions are clear and easy to follow with both photographs, diagrams and written instructions.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 10 Mar 2006
Fab book.
Shows you everything from textiles surface embellishment to jewellery design. Shows you all the equipment you need and gives you ideas for things you can do with a detailed step by step guide.
Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Encyclopedia of Beading Techniques, 23 Mar 2009
L. McGeown "crafter" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I found this book very informative. It has clear instructions and good photographs. It covers a wide range of beading techniques from stitching, knitting,crochet, threading, wire, loom etc.
If you only want instruction in jewellery making it is a little too wide-ranging.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Introduction to beading, 30 April 2007
S. Penelope "Marnia" (Italy) - See all my reviews
Excellent general introduction to the many ways you can use beads.

Although the book covers a lot of different techniques, the instructions and illustrations are clear and easy to follow.

So if you are venturing into the field of beads, but not yet sure what you enjoy doing, you can experiment with the various techniques and then if you want to concentrate on just one, such as embroidery, you can go ahead and buy a more specific book.

It certainly helped me decide what I prefer doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic introduction, 7 Aug 2007
This was my first book about beading, and it gave me the courage to try the vast range of techniques shown. The information is set out clearly, and is well illustrated.
An inspirational gallery is included at the back - it will make you want to create something just as beautiful.
An absolute must for anyone wanting to know how and where to start with a few beads. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colton Beader, 12 Feb 2009
This is an excellent book for any beginner. It shows all the techniques that you will need to make your own jewellery. If you are looking for a book to give you ideas and inspiration this is not the book for you - but if you need to learn how to make jewellery then it's a must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Sep 2009
F. H. D'Monte (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book for beginners as well as experienced people. The methods are easy to follow and the techniques are brilliant. Would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in jewellery making.

3.0 out of 5 stars A great book but not what I expected..., 17 Mar 2010
Julie Evans - See all my reviews
I ordered this book thinking it would give me lots of information on techniques for beading clothing - I am a fashion designer specialising in embriodered/beaded cocktail & evening dresses. My supplier for beading work recently retired so I have found it necessary to do the work myself. In a book of 160 pages I was dissapointed to find that there is only 1 page on beaded clothing and it is so basic that I learnt this technique at school! There are only 2 pages on making a beaded fringe for a scarf and a further 2 pages at the back showing beaded garments. I have found much better images at the Costume Museum in Bath, the V&A and on the internet. I specifically looked inside the book before ordering and it appeared to cover what I needed. However, having looked at it at home, the index is very misleading - there are even 3 photographs on the front cover showing bead embroidery, customised clothes and embellishing - hardly representative of the content! That said, this is a wonderful book (one of the best I have read) if you are looking for techniques for making jewellery - so please don't let this review put you off if that is what you want. Just don't expect it to give you any valuable information with regard to clothing.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I was looking for, 25 May 2010
CJOC (Halifax, West Yorks) - See all my reviews
Being new to beading I was totally baffled. I had made one or two pieces but was not happy with them. This book explained how to finish off my necklaces,which I had only guessed at (wrongly) previously. It also explains what all the "findings" are used for. I had seen items in the shops but did not know what or how to use them. This book also has given me some good ideas for items in the future, not just jewellery. Very pleased and a bargain price to boot.

The Encyclopedia of Beading Techniques
The Encyclopedia of Beading Techniques by Stephanie Burnham (Hardcover - 27 July 2005)
Used & New from: £10.46