Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 December 2013
An easy and enlightening read that helped me produce my first ever report for an Msc Psychology degree after 14 years out of academia. Haven't got my results back yet but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have got through it without this book! Thank you!
on 1 November 2005
Andy and Graham, from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!
If like me you're a student who hasn't got a clue about experiments buy this book! It's full of wicked imaginary experiments that illustrates the arguments. Very funny indeed!!!
Everything is made so easy to understand.
BUY IT!!!
Thank you so much!!
a Sussex graduate
on 1 May 2015
Excellent, a real asset for a psychology student in their second year, blended with a very unique sense of humour which really does make such a difference to what many find such a daunting subject, myself included initially. I would not hesitate to recommend this book to others, normal text books can present this subject in a very dry manner and Andy/Graham's book shows great understanding of the need for a book such as this which makes you smile through even the most challenging elements of this complex subject.
on 26 February 2013
I bow down to Andy and Graham for creating such a brilliant book! I too had a last minute test for the clinical doctorate and having completed my degree over 10 years ago my brain was an empty shell as far as statistics were concerned. Very easy to read using excellent humour, it is without a doubt the best statistics book I have read (and actually finished!). Thank you :-)
on 6 January 2015
Andy is always complaining in lectures that some people leave bad feedback on his textbook...here you go, now please boost my lab report mark a little. In fact, I'm writing this on the day of my 'Discovering Statistics' exam. Hey ho.
on 15 March 2010
This bbook is very useful but I personally find more complete the book on and statistics using spss by Andy Field (same author.)
on 1 November 2005
Please buy it!! If like me you're a student without a clue of how to deal with experiments, buy this book!!! Andy and Graham's book make things so simple and so funny as well! I love the imaginary experiments that they use to illustrate their arguments.
If you hate statistics and think it is the most boring subject on earth, then read this and you'll think it may not be that bad after all. BUY IT!!
Thank you to the authors, from the bottom of my heart.
A Sussex Graduate.
on 16 February 2016
Brilliant book; great emphasis on formatting lab reports along with examples. I recommend for all students of Sport and Exercise Science!
on 26 February 2014
Informative and easier to read than other statistic books. Came in handy when revising for entrance exams for the clinical doctorate.
on 20 December 2012
This book has been really helpful for my studies, written really clearly, Andy Field is really good at explaining things.