‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love the game, buy it., 6 Nov. 2009
Wow, this is one thorough guide. The pull out map is a great addition. If you want to raise your skill points quickly you need to find as many of the skill books as possible and to do that you need this guide. It's great for finding those rare items too. In fact its good for finding anything. I like the way its set out you so you can play the game and glance at the guide for what you need. I needed it mainly for the exploration aspect, but it has full quest walkthroughs. And did I mention the bobbleheads? Part of fallout 3 is just wandering around and exploring, and this guide will complement that perfectly. A must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 28 Dec. 2009
I don't normally use guides as I prefer the suprises you get whem playing a game blind but Fallout 3 is so massive I thought I would give this a go and I must say it really compliments the game. It is well written and really does cover every aspect of the game which is no mean feat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy To Have Around. 5 STARS, 4 Feb. 2010
When the book landed on my mat with a huge thud i thought the floor had fell through, this is one serious book rather equivelant weight of a yellow pages and with over 1000 pages to boot its a very informative and helpfull book. Even if you have already assumed to complete the game you will soon find that actually youd missed out on a load of new places to explore, little task to complete, unique items etc, this bok goes as far as listing where all the individual fat man's are hiding as well as bobbleheads etc. Superb but a little awkward to manouvre if your desk is smalll lol :)

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this guide!!!, 17 Dec. 2010
D. Elliot (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
The game is a whole lot of fun to play without the guide, although you can get stumped occasionally. I'm not sure how I played it without it now! I have missed so much stuff. There is so much information in here it really isn't true. Don't think that you can just read it though, like a normal book. It doesn't work like that. Play the game your normal way and just use the guide as a reference as often, or not, as you like. I have found it invaluable, and continue to do so. I'm sure you will too, you owe it to yourself to get the most out of Fallout 3! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extensive!, 29 Mar. 2010
B. Pritchard (South Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this to anyone who owns the game, its massive and full of in depth information. It was a massive help at the start, and is good now to make sure i'm not missing anything vital.

Amezzin.

5.0 out of 5 stars WASTELAND BIBLE, 8 Jan. 2011
If you are anything more than a tourist to the Wastes you have just got to get this guide.Like other reviewers I usually baulk at guide use but this games richness(unless you have infinite time) is fully revealed by this tome. It really is an enhancer and not a detracter from the Fallout experience. So when I retire to my Tenpenny Suite each evening this is what I use to plan the next excursion! Superb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do the job, 4 Sept. 2010
Mr. Kevin P. Teasdale "Kevin Teasdale" (Newton Aycliffe, England) - See all my reviews
The book is an extremely comprehensive account of just about everything you can do in the game but offers no solutions to things which can go wrong. It tells you how to get through everything on every level and I'm sure that following it would do just that.

Now I have several problems which are not covered by this book. This must be caused by the game itself so the book does not help with these.

I bought this as a curiosity after completing the game a couple of times, just to see what I'd missed.

It's worth the price and it's easy to follow. It would have recieved five stars if it contained a few tips on getting the game to run better (or even at all!)

My best tip: Clear the cache memory BEFORE installing the game. Complete the game. Read the book. Play the game again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome..., 20 Nov. 2009
Peter Edwards (Oxford, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) (Paperback)
Really really pleased with this item, came really quickly and packaged really well. Really good guide book, if you love the game you'll definatly love the book, a must have for any fan of the series.

Awesome! :]

5.0 out of 5 stars Add to your gaming enjoyment, 5 Feb. 2010
Mr. A. R. Eagle (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
I had really enjoyed playing Oblivion but struggled to get into Fallout 3 when I first got it. This guide helped me to get going and now I can't get enough. This guide does contain spoliers but you can dip in and out when you get stuck or have tried everything else. There are great tactical tips, really useful lists of all the equipmjent and weapons and what ammo they need, what items you need to make the various scratch built weapons, a guide to every character you will meet (and when not to kill them as they are needed for some key points in various side quests). Also useful is a huge fold out map. Well worth buying and really enhanced my enjoyment of this game without spoiling it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Own, 20 Oct. 2010
I hate strategy guides, they cost around £10 for 50 pages and arn't needed for a basic game and make me feel lke a noob but not this one. Fallout 3 is so immense everyone needs this guide and I swear that even the most hardened of fallout 3 vetran hasn't witnessed everything befoe buying this. And the free poster is kick ass!

So why wait to buy this. Over 700 full A4 colour pages with font at around size 10 this book is packed with maps, strategies, plans, catalouges, rares, locations simply the full works for an incredibly good price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›