5.0 out of 5 stars Love or hate the game...
this guide is great. In depth maps, showing exact locations for all the "extras" as well as the main quests, a very detailed walk through, all sorts of info I didn't pick up from playing the game as the writing came out too small on my TV screen.

Published on 25 Nov 2007 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars But when a game is good for the waste basket
When the game is worthless, so is the Strategy Guide. My mistake: I ordered both at the same time. But when a game is good for the waste basket, the accompanying guide isn't much use anymore. That's why two stars is all I can spare for it.
Published 3 months ago by Rens

5.0 out of 5 stars Love or hate the game..., 25 Nov 2007
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) (Paperback)

Spoilers are well marked up in advance, and there is also historical information regarding places and characters involved in the game.

I'm glad that I got this, and I'm about to restart the game to get full advantage now I know whats going on!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide - a must if your after completing it!, 9 Feb 2009
Howdy.
Id played through assassins creed once. Easy enough to get through the main game without too much difficulty. So not much use in a guide for that.

However. I own it for the xbox and some clever soul decided that most of the achievements require you to scour the continent for flags. Not sure why. Apparently assassins like flags. Maybe the way theyre always moving, never in the same place etc etc.

Anyway. Finding all of the flags without a guide would be impossible/take AGES! And anyone who's playing assassins creed clearly likes games and isnt just jumping on the CoD bandwaggon, so the sooner its done the sooner you can experience all the other great titles kicking about.

So for finding flags, templars and other achievements this its well worth it. Its also got some nice artwork in it for those who like a bit more depth to the game.
But like i said, the main story is easy enough to get through if you think about it a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want more milage from the game? Buy this guide!, 26 April 2014
Goes in-depth right into the game. If you want to take the game to another level this guide is perfect. Contains character profiles and history of the places, which helps you to escape into this wonderful world.

4.0 out of 5 stars when creed begins, 17 Oct 2013
a highly detailed guide for this great game. it tells you where to go, what to do and how to get away with doing it. it also covers all the hidden stuff and other bits and pieces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good..., 28 Jan 2013
Very hard to find this strategy guide now but managed to secure a very good condition 2nd hand copy- completely intact with map still attached. Having these guides is essential for all the ACreed games as there is so much hidden stuff. Highly recommended- if you can still find one...

4.0 out of 5 stars if you can't find the flags and saracens, 11 Feb 2011
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I've just finished my first couple of attempts at Assassin's Creed - Assassin's Creed - Platinum Edition (PS3) - on our new PS3 and I loved the game.

The one problem I had with the game was the sub-games Saracens and the especially the large number of various flags. Even where their are only a small number of flags finding them all was impossible - in Altair's home town there are only 20 flags to collect - I managed 19 and then spent over an hour searching ever nook and cranny for the last one without any success, that is until I used this book.

The book, however, is more than a guide to where the flags are; it is also a great guide to the beginning of what has become a best selling series of games. For beginners like me it gives a lot of background detail which I missed when I played the game through the first couple of times. Altair's Master Al Mualim's explanations of why certain enemies must be eliminated are included, I admit that I watched these scenes closely the first and second time, but in reading the book I realised that I had still missed quite a few points.

There are mini-biographies of the games main characters; guides to how to do the moves (I recommend practicing them in the arena in Masyal, Altair's home town, just to make sure you have understood them properly - I had problems with a couple of moves, but then again I'm only a casual player).

The book is a guide in the truest sense of the word. My sister had Tomb Raider game guides for the original Play Station Tomb Raider games and they told you where to go and exactly what to do - more of a step-by-step walkthrough. I much prefer these guides that let you play the game as you want to and you can dip in and out of - guides like this.

If I have a problem with the guide it comes with the layout. Finding the place you are looking for is not easy, on occasion I had to spend more than an hour flicking backwards and forwards through the chapters to try and find the information I needed. This is annoying but not what I would call a major fault, and could have been solved with just a little time and consideration - I would suggest that, next time, they have someone (who hasn't already played the game before, perhaps a casual player) play the game by following the guide to see how well or how badly it is laid out - and an index would have helped too.

The book uses colour screen captures to illustrate each activity and vital position; and there is a wall poster sized pullout at the back of all the area maps showing the location of all the collectables (including those flags).

One other thing this book did do for me was to reassure me that I had reached the end and not missed anything. I had found the ending of Assassin's Creed a little sudden, in fact I was sure I was missing something, this book has shown me that I wasn't missing anything.

There is also confirmation that the collections on PS3 do not lead to any "extras" which happens on the Xbox version.

You don't need this book to finish the game, but if you want all the flags and the Saracens then you might find this a great help, I know I did, but I would recommend that you play the game through without it at first as using it may reduce your fun, especially because of the necessary spoilers that it contains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassins Creed, 25 Nov 2010
actionman023 (Leyland England) - See all my reviews
Where would i be without this book the game itself is good, some people say it isnt but this is because they race through the game just to finish it, i prefer to take my time and get the most out of a game and this guide will give you the edge to do that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Need to improve the layout, 21 Sep 2010
Ms. P. J. E. Turner "Paula" (cornwall) - See all my reviews
I buy a lot of game guides usually one for each game I buy and judging on how easy to use it is I'd say this is the worst one I've come across. There's no way of turning the page and immediately identifying where you are the words are just all bunged on the page. In that sense it's taken me a while to get used to it. Otherwise it is a brilliant guide it has all the information you need to gain every achievement in the game, with detailed maps and a walkthrough of every side mission.

So overall it is worth the buy due to it's content just think they should of considered the layout more.

2.0 out of 5 stars But when a game is good for the waste basket, 1 Sep 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Creed guide, 21 Jun 2009
Mr. M. G. Mckinlay "MGM" (BATH< ENGLAND< SW) - See all my reviews
VERY detailed guide with helpful tips and stuff that you might never have otherwise found out.

Assassin's Creed Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Used & New from: £14.97