5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ! A must read for the budding entrepreneur.
Published on 27 May 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective ways of creating life long happiness
Jim Rohn demonstrates the fundamental principles of wealth building and what is required to be Successful in your pursuit of happiness. A well written book on Wealth and Happiness will definitely recommend it to family and friends.
Published 7 months ago by MR J SEBADDUKA

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ! A must read for the budding entrepreneur., 27 May 1999
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
A tremendous book on success principles written in 'laymens' terms. It is full of great quotes like, "rarely will your income exceed your personal development", and "don't send your ducks to eagle school - all you will get is unhappy ducks!" Jim Rohn is able to get across that success is not for the chosen few, but for anyone that is prepared to follow some simple principles - principles that are portrayed in an uncomplicated form in this gem of a book. A must read for anyone that wants to get ahead in life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fundamental text for living a successful life, 20 April 2000
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
Jim Rohn's book is simply excellent. Over the years I've read many success "manuals", looking for ideas to make life better. Out of all of them, the one text I return to time after time, is 7 Strategies. It gives you the funamentals, and each time you drift away from them, life does become a lesser experience. But a quick re-read rapidly reminds you how to get back on track. More sophisticated texts exist, but if there is one keystone text to any success Library, then this book should be it

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCEPTIONAL !!!, 4 May 1999
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE BUSINESS SELF-HELP BOOKS ON THE MARKET. READING OR LISTENING TO JIM ROHN IS ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENT A PERSON CAN MAKE TO GET AHEAD IN BUSINESS OR IN LIFE. A MUST HAVE!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivating, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
One reviewer said there's nothing new in this book; perhaps they're right. But isn't there 'nothing new under the sun'?
What Jim does is package a lot of common sense and sells it to you in a way that makes you think 'Why not me?', 'Why not now?'.

What's perhaps different about the author's message is that he'll berate you for action not taken. Affirmations without actions lead to 'delusion'.

Jim urges us to use emotions such as disgust to bring about change; he gives us a couple of stories from his own life by which he has done this.

Something I hadn't considered before is to use 'Seasons', both of the year and of situations, the ebb and flow, if you like, to their advantage.

I suggest going through the book and highlighting all the 'gems'; one I particularly like is, 'Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better'.

Why not try the book?

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 27 Aug 2009
Amanda Vellacott "Realist" (Malaga, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
This book is an easy read and is in the process of changing my life! It answered a lot of questions I had and a lot I didn't know I had. Quietly humorous and very readable, I raced through it the first time. I am now reading it more slowly and completing the exercises. I know its something that even people who dont read much, will read and be inspired by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-hitting stuff from the legend, 24 Dec 2009
LXIX (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
Jim Rohn sadly passed away on 5th December 2009, however his legacy very much lives on and his advice will continue to resonate with a lot of people.

This book was my introduction to Jim Rohn's philosophy about how to live your life. It's a very easy read - 156 pages and, as the title suggests, it's divided up into 7 clear strategies:

*unleash the power of goals
*seek knowledge
*learn the miracle of personal development
*control your finances
*master time
*surround yourself with winners
*learn the art of living well

So, these strategies are a combination of goal-setting and how to orient yourself. Jim makes constant reference to his mentor, Earl Shoaff, and illustrates how you can start from a low base and see how far you can go in life. Jim was broke in his early-mid 20's and became a millionaire by his early 30's. Here, he shares some ideas with you about how he changed his mindset. Note that these are quite hard-hitting at times. Sometimes we need a reality check, so, for example, Jim mentions how disgust can be a great motivator.

Jim Rohn was the son of a preacher man so there are numerous references to 'God' in his works. I'm not a religious person but I consider myself to be a spiritual person, so the good thing is that Jim does not elaborate much on God, and it's up to you if you wish to take this on board.

Having read a number of books like this I would say that there are 2 main types - the 'spiritual' ones about your connection with higher powers and universal forces (e.g. the law of attraction) and the more 'grounded' ones about setting goals and working towards them in an action-oriented, practical way. After a number of years of looking at this stuff I would say that you need an awareness of higher powers and how they work, but also a real-world action plan about achieving what you want.

Do Jim Rohn's teachings work? Well, while reading this book over a few days, here's 2 positive things that happened to me (bear with me):

1) A regional newspaper in England had refused to review one the books I wrote, even though it was partially set in their locality. I had given up on them printing anything about my book and a year passed. However while reading Jim's book I was motivated to look again at their website and noticed that the journalist I'd been dealing with (the chief reporter) had since left or moved upstairs. So I emailed a html press release to a few new names that were on their contact list. This time they bit on it ... and I received a good article with a combination of an interview about me and a plug for the book. Since its release another publication has been in touch about doing a feature as well (one thing can lead to another).

2) I thought, "Okay, I'm not where I want to be with my business idea just now, but is there ANYTHING I can do in the meantime to nudge me forward?" The answer was yes - I hadn't yet embraced youtube as a promotional vehicle. So, I used Windows movie maker (free software on my PC that I'd ignored for a year) and I created 10 youtube videos with Powerpoint slides and some photos. I then used free music provided by youtube and - with remarkable ease - I loaded them up and had 10 videos out there about me and my 2 novels. One video has since picked up 3,000 hits within a few days. So, thanks Jim for giving me a much needed kick up the backside.

Reading Jim's book is like having a conversation with your private life coach. For the sake of a few quid and little bit of your time, I'd say that it's worthwhile injecting some Jim Rohn ideas and mentality into your life, You don't need to take them all on board - he does mention this.

Finally, if you want to see Jim Rohn in action, just look him up on youtube and you'll see a range of excerpts from his live appearances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Advice, 9 April 1997
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
I have had the opportunity to listen to Jim Rohn tapes and to read this book. It is one of the best books that I have ever read. He has a way to putting into words the ideas necessary for a sucessful life, both personally and financially. I will keep this book in my library and read it over and over again to fully grasp the reach of this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of those books you read over and over, 26 Dec 2011
peter (SHEFFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
Jim Rohn taught Anthony Robbins - and it shows. In this one book, many of Robbin's phrases crop up several times; there are also similarities with another follower of Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy.

This book gets 4-stars because it so succintly sums up the sort of success principals that often get extended into psychobabble and waffle by some other authors. The ideas are practical and simple, and concentrate on time-old principles such as sowing and reaping.

It loses a star for some irritating Americanisms - but nonetheless a great read and well worth the price many times over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
Jim Rohn is an inspirational writer and his books are very informative as he shares his experience of life with you. I recommend any of his books and tapes. As a mentor and adviser. A wow read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Mar 2013
Reza Hamedi (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness (Paperback)
A must read! This book is just great for turning and managing your life to what you want out of it.

Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness
Seven Strategies for Wealth and Happiness by Jim Rohn (Paperback - 30 Nov 1996)
6.99