5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative
Very happy story about liberty of thinking and imagining. Tells you all is possible in life, great message. Mother of 5 children, all loved it.
Published on 10 May 2010 by Emmanuelle Jouet

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Marvellous
A little disspointed, niether my son or daugther (Millie) aged 3 and 5 liked
the story, it was a little but boring I guess, with little in the way of being
marvellous.

Nice Art work, story could have been better.
Published 4 months ago by James Harding

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative, 10 May 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pictures and story - its Marvellous!, 7 Jan 2011
Mrs. C. L. Smith (chester, uk) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 2 yr old called Millie and she loves it! We've read it most nights since Christmas, and she also enjoys looking at the pictures on her own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Dec 2010
A Kid's Review
Love, love, love this book. My daughter is 2 and has a very short attention span. She knows within about 2 seconds what books she likes and which she doesn't. She adored this book immediately. I have to confess this slightly surprised me as there's nothing immediately 'grabbing' about it - but the gentle story, quirky detail and absorbing pictures repay endless re-readings. We spend ages on the peacock page and the park page, comparing the various hats, and find something new each time. What could be a slightly clunky theme is delicately and cleverly embroidered, and we talk about Millie's rabbit hat at bedtime. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Millie's Marvellous Hat, 2 Jan 2012
Very entertaining. Bought for my Grandson who likes 3 books every bed time; so we need to have something that appeals to the reader as well as to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great find - so good for discussion and to enjoy imaginative flights of fancy, 14 Jun 2014
K. J. Noyes "Katy Noyes" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I picked this up by chance in the library and discovered quickly that it's a bit of a gem. The author's Angry Arthur is also fantastic (for discussing keeping your temper), and both take great leaps of imagination to show children how their minds and dreams can make amazing things happen.

Millie can't afford the hat she wants in the shop, so the kind shopworker offers her an imaginary hat that can take on any shape, size and colour.

All she has to do is imagine it. And what an imagination Millie has! My favourite is the cake hat, but my son is riveted by all the hats Millie creates with her mind, for her and others.

Great unique style of drawing and a wonderful introduction to the fun world of imagination and creating pictures with your mind.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Marvellous, 8 May 2014
A little disspointed, niether my son or daugther (Millie) aged 3 and 5 liked
the story, it was a little but boring I guess, with little in the way of being
marvellous.

Nice Art work, story could have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 July 2013
The book was in great condition and didn't let me down at all when reading it to my grandaughter 'Millie'. Now I just need to find her a marvellous hat!

Millie's Marvellous Hat
Millie's Marvellous Hat by Satoshi Kitamura (Hardcover - Sep 2009)
Used & New from: 1.06