5.0 out of 5 stars My new DIY fashion bible, 1 Mar 2010
T. Sloane (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is AMAZING!
If you`re like me and want to make your own unique things that nobody else is likely to have, but haven`t got a clue how to sew properly, then this is for you.
Even if you`re quite handy with a needle and thread or sewing machine, this book is still for you.
And to top it all, you don`t even have to go messing round the shops looking for materials, because all you need is T-shirts!
Megan is such a bright little spark when it comes to ideas, and you can literaly feel the creativeness bounce out from the book as you eagerly turn each brilliant page.
The lay out of the book is so fresh and fun, you can`t help being filled with inspiration. And I have to say, there isn`t one thing in this book of delights that I wouldn`t want to make. I just want to have a go at everything!
Megan makes everything so easy to understand. It`s a joy to know that you could make something in absolutely no time at all.
We`re not just talking clothes either. There are lots of other accessories you can have a go at too.
There are so many things that you can make without even having to get the sewing kit out. I`m going to make the gorgeous blanket for my baby. Then I`m going to make the lace up leg warmers for my daughter. Then I`m going to make a quick top for me.... ooooh and then there`s the lovely little booties.. hmmm so much to choose from.
The only downfall of this book is that your family members might realise that their T-shirts are slowly going missing. (she sniggers with a cheeky wink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inventive Fashion, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Generation T: Beyond Fashion (Paperback)
Fantastic ideas to make boring old t-shirts look cool! Hekps with recycling and I think it's great to keeps occupied too!

5.0 out of 5 stars so useful!, 25 July 2010
This review is from: Generation T: Beyond Fashion (Paperback)
what a cracking little book this is!

i was feeling a bit underwhelmed by the choice of clothes whilst out shopping... nothing to my taste and was feeling a bit sad after seeing lots of awesome men's tees out and about.. but then this book has paved the way for me!

The instructions are clear, the ideas are creative and they lead onto ideas of your own perfectly..meaning there are much more than just 120 ideas in the book!

Basically these days its easier and cheaper to buy a cheapo t-shirt than buy the material to make clothes and this book shows a million different ways to use a t-shirt to turn it into something else, or even just fit you better

The layout and design is bright and did remind me a bit of Smash Hits magasine in the 90's but it was fun and i enjoyed it. Professional seamstresses wont see much use in the book i'd reckon... it is aimed at novices and beginners, brilliant for me i can't sew a stitch

my only regret is i threw away some of my favourite tees the other week as they had shrunk, (or i'd grown lol - more likely) if only i knew about this book - they could have had a new lease of life! Now i wont let anyone throw a t-shirt away!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for young novice sewers, 4 May 2012
This review is from: Generation T: Beyond Fashion (Paperback)
Nicely bound book which I will keep to give away to someone younger who has little clue about sewing but has some imagination and creative hands. Some good basic ideas but overall not much use to someone who learnt how to sew in their youth and is used to adjusting and adapting clothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: Generation T: Beyond Fashion (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading the reviews left by other people and I am glad to say it was worth it. There are a few ideas I will try out.

Generation T: Beyond Fashion
Generation T: Beyond Fashion by Megan Nicolay (Paperback - 1 Oct 2009)