5.0 out of 5 stars The Title Says it All!
There are more BBQ recipe books out there than you can shake a stick at... But believe me... this one is very different.

Published on 3 Aug 2009 by Mr. Aa Whatley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough pictures
I bought this for my husbands birthday as he likes to think he's a bit of a whizz on the BBQ... Wanted some more recipes for him to try out and this seemed to fit the job and came with good reviews.
Published 15 months ago by bella

5.0 out of 5 stars The Title Says it All!, 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)

Recently I bought a Weber Gas BBQ, a really good one, but after using one of their charcoal grills for many years I was totally disillusioned. Dull, flavorless, limp offerings are the only way to describe my early efforts. It seems only after you have invested your small fortune in a gas BBQ do you learn the truth... You really can taste the difference.

Now I could have given up with it at that point, but I didn't.... I started looking for information on what I was doing wrong. Naturally you turn to the shelves full of recipe books, but that seems to be all they are. You might find the odd page or two at the beginning of the standard recipe book describing the differences between various grills, but really very little on how to get the best out of them.

This book is as much about technique as it is about recipes and that is precisely what I was looking for... not that the recipes are short on the ground either.. And they cover the world over... Just let the book fall open at any page and you will find something to inspire you... guaranteed.

The style of the book is also superb, from the wonderful photo's to Steve's stories around each of the 500 recipe's and backgrounds to the cultures he has explored in his global trek of Grilling nations. No dry, humorless list of instructions here... Each recipe is described as a tale of how he found it and its history.

One possible let down in the book is lack of any Metric measurements... perhaps the publishers should consider this for a future edition as I believe the audience for this book is far wider than the USA.

Even if you never BBQ this book has so much to offer in terms of how to prepare and enjoy food... If I had to choose just one cook book in my life this would be it hands down.

Forget the rest... This really is the Bible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough pictures, 28 May 2013
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
The American measurements are easy enough to translate so that's not a problem but the downside is the lack of photos / colour in the book. The recipes do look good though and we are keen to try some out whenever we get some sunshine :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, 9 Nov 2012
What a great book!

I bought this book for my brother-in-law and he used it so many times over the summer.

The are a variety of recipes that are great for the BBQ so everybody can enjoy something from the BBQ no matter what food taste.

Great as a gift or for yourself or if you love cooking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mustard !, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
All I'm going to say is.................GRAB YOURSELF A COPY............fantastic book and has everything I'm looking for to develop my grilling skills............very ADDICTIVE !!! oH AND THE POSTAGE WAS VERY QUICK.

5.0 out of 5 stars It truly is the BBQ bible, 15 July 2009
Victoria Harley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
Bought this book for my husband who is mastering the art of cooking great food on a gas bbq. He was thrilled to bits with it, it gives you all handy tips and tricks on cooking things to perfection. Its a must for people who love barbequing. Theres nothing worse than eating burnt grub!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my BBQ excel, 27 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
Over a 14 or 15 year period I must have bought hundred's and hundred's of books from Amazon.com and then Amaxon.co.uk. The Barbecue Bible is maybe the 3rd to move me to write a review.....

I'm sat on the couch now, enjoying the smug, satisfied feeling of a successuful BBQ for friends and family. It's a nice feeling.

I really enjoy bbq grilling but don't know much about cooking. I suppose it's a man thing. Fire, beer, meat...it all adds up to testosterone.

My wife bought this book for my birthday and it is a monster. There are hundreds of receipie's in this book and for my first bbq after receiving the book I picked three to try. My selection criteria was not exactly scientific....good photo, not many ingredients - let's give it a go.

a
I can't recommend this book highly enough. I'm no cook but today I served up a brilliant meal that everyone loved and I'm thrilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased I bought this book, 16 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
I bought this book after returning another BBQ book I had ordered and was disappointed with. Not so this book, there is such a wide choice of recipes. If you are only going to buy one BBQ book I would recommend this one it has everything you need to know from choosing the right BBQ for you, right the way through to puddings! I also have his Sauces,Rubs and Marinades which I also love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
Bought this book for my dad as a fathers day gift and he loves it, plenty of meaty recipes to put together and also some deliciously fresh salad and drink ideas too. Its much more than how to cook barbeque food, its an entire guide to putting together a barbeque as a feast rather than just individual pieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 7 July 2014
D. J. Kidd "music kid" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
Very useful book to create new and unusual simple meals on your BBQ. Pictures and explanations clear and concise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be required reading for all BBQ owners!, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes (Paperback)
This book really is awesome, I actually gave it 6 stars but I had to knock one off for it not having enough pictures of the prepared dishes! ;o)

Steve Raichlen really seems to live and breathe BBQ food. He has travelled the world to find these recipes in their natural habitat and bring them home to us. When recipes are modified or feature hard to find ingredients he explains, and suggests alternatives.

It's a very US-centric book, but it's easy to mentally read cilantro as coriander and scallions as spring onions. :o) The measurements are all imperial, but it doesn't take too long to get over that either, plus cooking isn't so precise that it really matters!

I've had my copy for a number of years and my interest was re-kindled last year when I got myself a decent Weber kettle barbecue. Now I can try all the interesting indirect grilling recipes that Steve lists - you have to try Beercan Chicken! My current favourites from the book are Eat and Beat It Wings, Oaxacan Pork Ribs and Balinese Prawn Satays. All simple recipes, but far better than any of the pre-prepared stuff you get in the supermarket.

The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes
The Barbecue! Bible: Over 500 Recipes by Steven Raichlen (Paperback - 1 Sep 2008)
10.00