4.0 out of 5 stars Great
This is a brilliant book for making you want to snile if you're feeling down as it remind youvof the little things in life
the only reason i gave it 4 stars was alot of the terms are american and i'm not but 95% of them are 'universal'
Published 22 months ago by Amy

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed
Looked like a lovely little book but it was just ramblings! Completely deflated after having a flick through. Waste of money
Published 20 months ago by Aileen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, 20 Mar 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what i expected, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
I dont know what i expected from this book. A quick flick through the book had me disappointed, as they were just ramblings. Some of i dont understand, for example "lobster ravioli" and i honestly think that other things are just down right stupid, like (and i am not joking) "the United State of America", but that is jut my opinion

it wasnt a total disappointment, there were a few entries that i could relate to so not a total waste. Still expected something more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Jan 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
The book itself is pleasing to the eye. HOWEVER I agree with many of the other reviews, the items to be 'happy' about are rambles and really only have any significance to the author. This didn't make me happy, it stressed me out!

1.0 out of 5 stars just an endless list of stupid things, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
just a continuous list of every single word in the dictionary, for example apple butter, growing food, dry socks, woodland, courtrooms,

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 7 Feb 2012
Sofi Rain (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
Really good book to just pick up and read a couple of phrases and will bring a smile to your day! I bought it as a gift for my friend - I hope it will bring her many smiles!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice principle but..., 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
I was expecting lots from this book as I had heard such good reviews. I couldn't wait to highlight all the things in it that related to me most. However it turns out I so far have nothing to highlight. This book is far more suited to middle-aged American women than 19 year old British me. So far all I've read is hundreds of American references I don't understand (being British and all) and several pretty dull 'housewifey' things that you most likely won't relate to if you are under 30 and/or male. Good book in principle, if only it was slightly more universal. I will keep this book purely because it looks nice on my coffee table

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, not so great seller, 14 Nov 2014
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
haven't read all of it, not really a book you read all the way through but it's a great little book none the less! Bought for a friends christmas and I'm sure she'll be happy with it, great little cheer me up!

I did unfortunately have to ask for a refund because the book came in bad condition but this was a problem with the seller rather than the product. I'm going to keep this one for myself and just order another one from a different seller to replace the damaged one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
I don't really know what I was expecting from this book, but I bought it based on the reviews and the concept. I have to say that I'm rather disappointed by it, most of the things just seem silly, and some I didn't even understand (as it's an American book). A few of the ideas I do agree with, and I suppose those ones that I do agree with make me begin to think about the little things that make me happy, but overall I don't think it's worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it., 5 April 2013
This review is from: 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (Paperback)
So, i'm not 100% sure what i was expecting from this book. I had read so many good reviews of it i was really hoping for something special. However, i am really disappointed with it. The author started to write a list of things that made her happy when she was a kid and over the years she added to it - then she made her list into a book and here it is....

I was flicking through it last night - its not the type of book you read in order - and i found there were several items i didn't even know what they were (such as snow peaches). I honestly think a better idea would be to keep your own book of things that make you happy. Buy the life diary from suckuk (its a massive notebook) and record anything that makes YOU happy.

The things that make you happy are subjective and unique to you. I am going to return this asap which is really sad as i was so excited about it :(

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

14,000 Things to Be Happy About
14,000 Things to Be Happy About by Barbara Ann Kipfer (Paperback - 15 April 2007)