5.0 out of 5 stars Pipe dreaming

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by gadget girl008

5.0 out of 5 stars Pipe dreaming, 30 Oct. 2009
RICHARD HARRIS (Worcester England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1000 Places to See Before You Die Traveller's Journal (Travel Journal) (Diary)
I purchased this book for my son last Christmas with a view to him exploring the world and getting round to seeing all the places his father never got round to seeing due to family and work commitments.Well one year on and he is now living with his girlfriend and new born baby, so much for that. The book itself is an enjoyable pipe dream (although no one smokes pipes anymore)of all the places we will all definatly see before we pop our clogs but in truth wont.The author has obviously had a very good time finding these far flung places and in many ways the reader hopes that not too many people find these places as should they become too popular they would certainly lose their magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars V pleased, 24 Nov. 2010
V happy with notebook - smart, quirky and stylish with useful tips, thoughtful quotes and plenty of space for recording memories. Small pocket in the front cover for storing things like plane/train tickets, photos. Perfect for my gap year.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like it!, 27 July 2012
Amy W (North East Scotland) - See all my reviews
I've really enjoyed the 1000 places... merchandise and I knew I had to buy this. To be honest, though, I was a bit iffy about the cover - I thought that the white column was part of the cover - but I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and I realised that it was just a removable sleeve. There is a small logo that does say '1000 places...' but it's nothing over the top.
I also really like that every few pages or so, there's a list of places to see and things to do. Also, at the back of the book, there is a nice checklist for ticking off places you've been, and some good conversion rates.
All in all, I would recommend this for anyone looking for a travel journal.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing idea, 24 Jan. 2013
Jane Baker "jan-bookcase" (Somerset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have spent many long and happy hours looking through this manual and ticking off places I have visited. It provides a hobby in itself. If I have a disappointment it is that it does not cover in any detail the Antarctic peninsula which I crossed some years ago and am unable to use in my tally of places visited. It is my first point of reference before I visit anywhere and whilst I may not agree that some of the places are worth being listed and others are omitted which I believe should be included, it is a gem of a guide to the world. Much better than Googling 10 places to see when you visit wherever. Too fat to take with you when flying however.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed, 28 Dec. 2012
After reading peoples reviews of this product i was extremely dissapointed when it arrived. I thought it was a journal of other travelers ideas and destinations, with pictures of 1,000 places to see before you die!. How is this 1,000 places to see before you die?! It should state that this is just purely a diary not a "ready companion" This "Travelers journal" is a complete waste of money for me and will be either thrown away or sat gathering dust

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 29 Oct. 2014
Really nice book with lots of interesting facts in. A lot of space to write own memos as well as a tick lost of all the different places to visit in the back. I bought it for a friend who loves travelling for her birthday and she loved it. I would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't wait any longer!, 8 Jan. 2013
Peter I. Robbins "Russkie" (near Baldock, North Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this to people of all agies. The oldies will pick one or two destinations, the middle-aged will pick 20, and young people will try to do the lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel journal gift, 11 Jan. 2013
Was so pleased with choice as this was a gift for a well travelled friend. Informative,factual and well illustrated journal.

3.0 out of 5 stars travellers journal, 25 Nov. 2013
This was a gift so I am unsure if it met their expectations, It looked ok to me but not sure if they use it and like it.

1000 Places to See Before You Die Traveller's Journal (Travel Journal)
Used & New from: £0.01