5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book
I love this book. Not only does it contain fantastic greek receipes but it provide you with a really good insight into greek culture and history.....whilst there are no pictures, you do have receipes that are not seen in tourist areas........excellent!!
Published on 14 Aug. 2010 by Mrs T

2.0 out of 5 stars did not please
Hi , I bought this book but was very dissapointed in it , it is not the real Greek cooking as I remember ,when I lived in Greece, I had 18 years experience of eating Greek food, so if you would like the real traditional stuff dont but this book, I can however recommend Culinaria Greece I bought it about the same time and it has never dissapointed me.
Published on 14 Mar. 2011 by di

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 14 Aug. 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Great details on Greek Life, 6 Dec. 2010
I love this book as its very detailed and has most Greek dishes in it that you would ever need. My husband is Greek so it was a good purchase to make some of his mum's favourite dishes. Not ideal if you only want a few recipies though as its a big book! Also I find the recipies need experimenting with to work out properly. It has great little bits of history and customs in it- which i love.

5.0 out of 5 stars food of the GODS, 21 Oct. 2011
having eaten beef and olives in a Taverna (IN my now home of crete) i found a recipe for said dish by susanna hoffman , i made the dish for myself and then JUST HAD TO HAVE THIS BOOK! its full of the most delicious Greek recipes and wonderful anecdotes. every dish is do-able even if you don't live in Greece.

5.0 out of 5 stars great recipes, 15 Dec. 2013
I thought recipes were very good. Quite authentic and in tune with life in Greece. One thing I did not like was measurements being in cups etc and not kilograms etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars did not please, 14 Mar. 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Order well in advance, visually boring, 8 Feb. 2015
J. Latraille - See all my reviews
Delivery slow, book artwork (photos) not very inspiring

5.0 out of 5 stars good price. Happy with the purchase, 9 Jan. 2015
Delivered quickly, good price. Happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Olive and the Caper, 22 Aug. 2011
Excellent recipes and genuinely interesting historical perspectives on the development of food in Greece. Perhaps a pity that the budget didn't run to some colour images. Nevertheless, well worth the price.

Fitz, August 2011

The Olive and the Caper: Adventures in Greek Cooking
The Olive and the Caper: Adventures in Greek Cooking by Victoria Wise (Hardcover - 1 Aug. 2004)
Used & New from: £17.70