4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun-especially for boys, 23 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Oh, Yuck!: The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty (Paperback)
This book is great for little boys or boys of all ages.Its full of the horrible dirty things that boys find funny.
I've just bought this for my 6 year old son for christmas and after looking through it,I know hes going to love it.
Its factual but in a funny and filthy way if you know what I mean.
Very entertaining.
Well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent book for boys, 21 Jan 2004
By A Customer
My son has not put this book down since he recieved it at Christmas. It's a typical boy book full of beasties and gore but it been a delight to see him so engrossed in it and reading it over and over again. Would recommend for any little boys who need a bit of encouragement to spend time reading. I wish it was on the school ciriculum.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you will fight your child to read!, 31 Mar 2006
Booth Bryce Jones (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This book is great.
It is fully of really interesting stuff the seven year old boy inside is us all wants to know.
I loved the stuff about how shrunken heads were made (I'd always wondered about that).
My son loves this book too, the idea of pee being cleaner than spit has had him re-reading that page time after time.
Buying this book was a great way to find out loads of vital stuff we couldn't live without. I have bought loads of copies now as this is a brilliant birthday pressie for a child aged 6-10.
The book is very american in it's language and picture style but you soon get over that and it's not a problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Little Boys, 27 Jan 2004
Elizabeth Taylor (France) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased this book for my nephew for Christmas over the internet and wasn't disappointed. Its around A4 size and made of non glossy pages containing lots of pictures and illustrations of things that are perfect for little boys for example what is puss and why do some farts make a noise and others don't. My nephew is a little young to read it yet but was very interested in all the grot and what he perceives to be the very naughty info it contains. On the other hand all the adults were happy to finally work out what spots are and why maggots exist and why farts smell differently (important subject with all that eating at Christmas)!
The only downside is that for an english person its very american in its language and output but don't be completely put off for the money its not bad value and contains what most little boys want to know but aren't sure who to ask -

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 31 Oct 2013
This is a very interesting and informative book, I bought it as a gift and ended up keeping it myself, I really enjoyed reading the various info on the disgusting stuff of life

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun for my boys, 22 Oct 2006
My grandsons are into yucky things. They now have a pile of the Yuck Encyclopedia, Yuck's Fart Club, Yuck's Big Bogeys, and Gross Records - and they are in heaven. Excellent stuff for just baout eny child in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I read this when I was young, 26 April 2010
This book is pack with essential knowledge for everybody, not just for youngsters, and not just for boys. I think they should redesign the cover to make it more inclusive. A very enjoyable book.

5.0 out of 5 stars eye opener, 16 Sep 2013
This book is not for the faint of heart or stomach! It does however discuss subjects that are not usually broached.My only gripe would be the style as it is written for the american market and is sometimes over the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Fun, 24 Aug 2013
AF (Bethnal Green, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Children are obsessed with Yucky things. This book goes through a lot of yucky stuff with comprehensive and informative facts. We borrowed the book for a while. It was an instant success hence the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug 2014
Very good

Oh, Yuck!: The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
Oh, Yuck!: The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty by Joy Masoff (Paperback - 26 Jan 2001)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available