Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 November 2012
A really good encyclopaedia of all the Route 66 icons and sites. I would have liked larger photographs and before after pictures etc. Some entries no photos at all. Informative and interesting overall. A nice gift item for Route 66 enthusiasts.
on 29 December 2012
I have a shelf full of books on Route 66, but after buying Route 66 Encyclopaedia, I shouldn't need any more. An excellent-quality book, printed on gloss paper, it covers everything from Abbylee Motel to Zuzax, a place I drove through and didn't even notice. There are plenty of colourful illustrations and the back of the book offers updates from the author's website, with a QR scan code available for mobile devices.
Jim Hinckley thought of everything here!
on 26 April 2013
This is one of the best books I have ever bought, and especially if you have any type of interest in the Mother road in America. It's got a brilliant insight into all connections with the road, and some excellent pictures of bygone buildings and places, and todays places. A fantastic book which I'd definitely recommend.
on 23 February 2013
Having travelled Route 66 from Chicago to LA and having seen the book, knew had to have it as the weight of the book would have taken us over the baggage allowance - a great book and must have for anyone considering the Route 66 drive
on 21 April 2013
i was totally impressed with the quality of this product, it was very informative and detailed and we will be taking it with us on our travels along route 66. it was delivered very quickly and was in brilliant condition.
on 20 October 2013
This beautifully printed and great quality book is as it says an encyclopedia.
It covers (I think) all you would need to know, present and past regarding this route and the pictures are superb.
In planning my 2-3 month trip in 2016 it is proving vital.

My only wish is that it designated every entry heading as either still there at time of printing or gone for good, but a very minor point as it makes you read the detail rather than not consider doing so as the entry no longer exists.

The official Route66 site wanted $60 postage via Amazon not only was the book cheaper but the post to my home in France was insignificant.
on 6 February 2014
A must read for any route 66 fan, beautiful quality hard backed book. I would recommend this to any fan.
on 22 June 2013
This book has been out together lovely. It was a great gift to give but a little on the expensive side.
on 1 May 2016