4.0 out of 5 stars Nice present
A nice present for an F1 fan - not quite as technical in its drawings as I expected and the drawings over 2 pages are spoilt by the divide - but good quality drawings
Published 21 months ago by archergirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Killed by the spine
I spent a long while browsing this book in waterstones but ultimately decided against purchasing (especially at rrp) as the double page photos are ruined by the spine running down the middle. really would benefit from being reissued in a different format. other than that the pictures are excellent.
Published on 30 April 2012 by silverstar189

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice present, 14 Dec 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Killed by the spine, 30 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jun 2010
J. Gros "yoshi144" (The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
Great book, if you're an formula 1 fan and like to know more about the history of the formula 1 cars this book is a must have. Brilliant pictures from the first world championship contender untill the beautifull Mclaren of Lewis Hamilton from 2008. Lotus, Cooper, BRM, Ferrari, Williams. All pieces of art captured in splendid pictures.
Commentary from the great Gordon Murray puts this book among the classics.

4.0 out of 5 stars PRESENT, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
THIS WAS A PRESENT FOR A FORMULA ONE FAN I THINK IT WENT DOWN WELL ARRIVED ON TIME THANK GOODNESS SO GOT A DIFFICULT PRESENT SORTED. THANKS

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
Great for Formula 1 fan - its a nice book i expected it to be smaller - so i was nicely surprised when it arrived. Some good photos in there - I enjoyed flicking through it and looking at pictures even though I'm not f1 fan. It's true that double page photos are a little ruined by the spine running down the middle but you can still see the photograph really well and there's plenty of other single page photos. The only downside for me is when you take off the dust jacket the hard cover is blank, I wish the hard cover had the original graphic too (I'm not a fan of dust jackets) I would buy it again. Quick delivery too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely illustration book, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
Great quality pictures, my husband loves it. Bought for Xmas and not disappointed. A must for f1 fans I would say.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Beautifully Shot", 21 Dec 2011
Robert Riley "Reiger" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
This is my second copy of this book as my previous copy was a gift (not from this seller) but arrived damaged and looking like a very well used ex shelf copy even the shelf didn't want to keep. In less than a week the binding came to pieces and so I gave up looking at it. The previous seller blamed me-yeah right, who cares about a £30 book?! Upset by the episode I decided to re-purchase my own gift this time from a reputable seller and at better price than the full £30 gifted purchase, of half price-excellent! This time my book arrived speedily and in perfect new condition.

Anyway, the book itself I found very interesting. Enough words to keep you going with a great balance of detailed and beautifully shot studio photo's of some all time classic F1 racers. A broad spectrum of many race entries through out the years. I must admit I was more bothered about the pictures as they were great reference material for what I needed, so detailed and full of fantastic close colorful shots. A must purchase and great collection additive for any Formula 1 enthusiast, highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
I was a bit nervous buying this book as it's a gift for my Dad and he already knows quite a bit about F1! It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be (which is a good thing!), beautifully presented. The pages are good quality gloss paper, and the actual images are gorgeous. I haven't given it to him yet but I know he's going to really like it. Great for those who are hardcore F1 fans and new fans alike I should think, as I quite enjoyed flicking through it myself!

1.0 out of 5 stars How to ruin a great photograph., 1 Oct 2010
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
Promised everything: great photographs of iconic cars and the back story behind each one, the perfect 'art book' of F1... Partially delivered; the images are great and the commentary insightful but utterly ruined by the poor choice of size for the finished book. Great images completely ruined by page breaks and pictures too small to really wallow in the detail. This book would be fantastic if it was the proper size to REALLY impress with the images. It's the same as buying a book on Leonardo da Vinci, only to find the Vitruvian Man (or the Mona Lisa) has a great big crease down the middle... Really disappointed with what could have been a visually stunning piece of work. To my eye disrespectful to the images and not delivering on the promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Aug 2010
This review is from: Art of the Formula One Race Car (Hardcover)
This book is exactly what it says, "Art". Lovely pictures of classic F1 cars, worth the buy to add to your collection.

Art of the Formula One Race Car
Art of the Formula One Race Car by James Mann (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available