5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.........for the coffee table
Great book. Great pictures. Some pretty rare ones. Only the occasional mistake usually in the dates/venues for the pictures. Good text covering the essentials of the bands history.
After a run of poor books on the band I would recommend this to the whole fan spectrum, from casual to serious.
Published on 3 Nov 2008 by alastair crosswaite

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm disappointed
Published on 20 Mar 2009 by Minna

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful.........for the coffee table, 3 Nov 2008
This review is from: Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated History of the Heaviest Rock Band of All Time (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Their History, 19 Nov 2008
G. G. Saunders "Rock Dr." (West Sussex .UK) - See all my reviews
I first got into Led Zep somewhere between their third and forth album, reading music magazines `Sounds` and `New Musical Express for years I knew almost everything about the group even though , they didnt talk to the press unless they had something big to discuss! I stopped buying the press weekleys after `Sounds` scribe Geoff (deaf) Barton started Kerrang!. so back to this book, yes its good and although I have seen 95% of the photos and read 95% of the interviews etc . there is a comprehensive review of each album and lots of informative information. still good to have this kind of scrap book style large heavy book! there are a lot more bands out there that should follow this format..Its also great to see a lot of bootleg covers, albums I know about but have never seen. Heard about five and some are great some are a waste of vinyl...This is a very good history Not the heaviest, they at the time were the BEST

5.0 out of 5 stars O shining hammer, o golden gods, 27 Jan 2011
When I saw this book in a bookshop I instantly turned sixteen again - well, in my head, that is. I had to have it, and bought it from Amazon as a Christmas present for my inner teenager, who liked it a whole lot (Pity I have to put on glasses to read it). It is just wonderful, loads of material, articles (from the very technical, to the positively raving) posters, memories and interviews, when you browse it you are plunged back into the far past when Robert Plant shone like a viking god on stage and stirred the audience's hormones into a frenzy on the vibrating carpet of the band's sound. A wonderful thing to have in the house, as we all need to do something completely mindless from time to time, to be sixteen again, for fifteen minutes a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill book !!, 8 Jan 2014
J. F. M. Low "Gazrock" (Pethshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
A superb book all about Led Zep !! Catches the band well and you'll love the story of this great band !!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book !, 30 April 2013
Big pictures, huge part of text. it is an ABC for every rock music fan. Quality printing, for the 10 euro this book would be the best purchase for Led Zeppelin collector

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect present, 26 Mar 2013
My Dad is a big Zeppelin fan, so I got this for his birthday and he has barely put it down. The book is beautifully presented, full of great fan facts, and is laid out so that it's pleasurable to read. If you're Dad/partner/brother/uncle etc loves Zeppelin, you can't really go wrong with this book. Great find, and a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooool!, 7 Nov 2010
This book simply find for the fan! Decorating of the book the amazing! It is pleasant to have control over it.
Such nostalgia. It is a pity that I won't get never in 70.
I advise to all fans of fate this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Die Hard Fans, 27 Mar 2009
T. Trousdale (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband who is a big Zepp fan. It has some great pictures and a decent amount of trivia on the band.

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm disappointed, 20 Mar 2009
Minna (Bucharest, Romania) - See all my reviews
If you were expecting this to be that "Holy Graal" of Led Zep pictures, think again! There are only a few actually nice photos of the band members, and the rest is filling. They claim that this is the "complete" illustrated history of Led Zeppelin. That's a whole lotta kidding! You can find more pictures on the web, for free! I have so many amazing pictures that I found by searching the web, and I was wondering if I should print them, as they might be already in the book ! How silly I was to think that! I'm going to print my own personal illustrated history of Led Zep! I hate to write bad reviews, but this book was kind of expensive, and especially given the current financial conditions all over the world, I wanted to tell people because I wasn't very happy to find that I spent so much money for so little! I wonder if I will ever get my hands on a book that actually does justice to the beautiful musicians in this band! It may remain a mirage, always at the next turn, always on the horizon, never actually in my hands!