5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and easy to read
I bought this book based solely on reviews on amazon. It was exactly as described. Easy to read and right to the point. I have a few other books on race driving, but this is the first I read from start to finish without beeing bored.
If you are interested in learning or understanding race driving, buy this book.
Published on 31 Oct. 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it...
fistly, must mention that I do race...
Bought this and Skip Barbers performance driving book.
Found this a bit simplified, and a bit iffy in places.
Maybe ok if you don't race,.. and you are looking for an understanding of techniques, or if you are a novice, but will not give you that final 5% on the racetrack I feel.
maybe I just didn't like the...
Published on 26 Jan. 2004 by D. Styles

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it..., 26 Jan. 2004
D. Styles (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Professional Race Driving Techniques (Speed Secrets) (Paperback)
fistly, must mention that I do race...
Bought this and Skip Barbers performance driving book.
Found this a bit simplified, and a bit iffy in places.
maybe I just didn't like the format, but I felt it wasn't in depth enough for me.... and felt that you could come out worse off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and easy to read, 31 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
If you are interested in learning or understanding race driving, buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little book, 15 Oct. 2008
A very good book, easy to read, and some very useful hints, which may either be new to you, or simply make you re-think what you already know.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion for the novice racing driver, 11 Jun. 2013
This is a great little handbook. Suitable for the novice racing driver and as an aide memoire for the more experienced racer. Written in nice simple, easy to understand language it gives many tips on how to start out and to continue to improve your driving techniques as you progress up the grid.
Much of the references are from the US racing scene but they apply equally everywhere you race. It's nicely written by someone who clearly enjoys the sport both as a competitor and as an observer.
Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars the essential book for all want to be racing drivers, 20 April 2012
the book was extremely helpful, read it cover to cover rather quickly, it doesnt get too bogged down in details, but covers basically EVERY aspect of racing and I believe its helped me imensly in planning my race track analysis. I'd recommend this to anyone, especially beginners and intermidiates

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and clear, 29 Sept. 2008
G. E. Burke (Kent) - See all my reviews
I am just starting to race and am trying to understand some of the techniques, physics etc. I thought it was very good and I feel that it has increased my understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent instructive book, 30 Jun. 2013
Very detailed and easy to read. A must for people keen to improve their skills
Happy to choose this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and helpful, 6 Feb. 2003
By A Customer
A great read and very easy to understand yet still covering every aspect in great detail. I'm now far more aware of how the car should and shouldn't handle and I'm far more consistent for it. A very well-written book, funny in places, serious and to the point in others - fully recommended.

Professional Race Driving Techniques (Speed Secrets)
Professional Race Driving Techniques (Speed Secrets) by Ross Bentley (Paperback - 29 Jun. 1998)